At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalmindsPOSITION OVERVIEW
Interested in using your advanced software development skills to create the most advanced CAD systems in industry? We want you as a Senior Software Engineer in CAD based in our Siemens Industry Software office in Cypress, CA! This exciting role is on the NX CAD product in the Core team of the NX Design group.
This job involves enhancement, reorganization, and optimization of the feature architecture modules to support various internal clients who build their applications on top of them, with focus on delighting customers and achieving high quality and timely delivery. The employee will design, document, and implement software designs for focused product areas. Some customer interaction may be required. The position involves working in a local team of highly qualified software engineers as well as collaborating with other teams around the globe within Siemens Industry Software. The working environment is flexible and highly collaborative, and problems and potential solutions are actively discussed with team members.
- Design, develop, modify, and deliver software programming for the state-of-art NX products with focus on surpassing customer expectations, on achieving high quality and timely delivery.
- Apply object-oriented/structured programming techniques and other software engineering practices to ensure that the product is of high quality and the architecture is maintainable and expandable.
- Create, document, and execute software designs which may involve significant re-architecture of important systems, defining and coordinating implementation of wide-reaching impacts.
- Act as Technical lead of major projects.
- Influence the technical direction.
- Promote innovation through the ability to introduce new technology/knowledge.
- Provide high-level technical expertise, including performing in-depth and sophisticated software systems programming and analysis.
- Work without supervision on highly complex projects with complete latitude for independent judgment and technical expertise.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mathematics, or closely related fields with 8 or more years of software development related work.
- Familiar with C++/C.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Conversant with modern software engineering methodologies.
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Self-motivated, detail orientated, and willing to take on responsibility.
- Ability to produce quality work under pressure and results oriented.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering
- Strong knowledge of geometric modeling
- Strong knowledge of CAD APIs like Parasolid
- Familiarity with one or more mechanical CAD/CAM systems
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.