Siemens Healthineers is building tomorrow’s talent. Shape the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technologies around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens Healthineers;
- Freedom and a healthy work-life balance – Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Be part of exciting and innovative projects that help solve some of the world’s most significant health problems.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education and technology, and sustainability, making a positive impact on communities.
- Participate in our celebrations and social events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
- Siemens Healthineers is proud to be a Great Place to Work-certified company® in Canada for 2020-2021, 2021 Best Workplaces in Ontario™, and 2021 list of Best Workplaces™ for Women.
As a leading medical technology company, Siemens Healthineers enables healthcare providers to increase value by empowering them on their journey towards expanding precision medicine, transforming care delivery, improving the patient experience, and digitalizing healthcare. Siemens Healthineers is continuously developing its product and service portfolio, with AI-supported applications, digital services and clinical Point of Care diagnostic products, that play an increasingly important role in the next generation of medical technology. These new applications will enhance the company’s foundation in in-vitro diagnostic, image-guided therapy, and in-vivo diagnostics. Siemens Healthineers also provides a range of services and solutions to enhance healthcare providers’ ability to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients.
Siemens Healthineers in Canada stands for engineering expertise with a pioneering spirit in exploring and developing business opportunities to help healthcare providers achieve their goal of improving outcomes while reducing costs. Our 800 employees in Canada located across Canada and 54,000 worldwide, work together to deliver solutions for healthcare providers, resulting in 70% of medical decisions being influenced by the technologies we provide.
• 70% of critical clinical decisions are influenced by the type of technology we provide.
• More than 31 million Canadians benefit from Siemens Healthineers products every year.
• An average of 85,000 Canadians per day receive treatment or tests from a Siemens Healthineers device.
• Siemens Healthineers participates in 30 healthcare research collaborations in Canada and around the world.
Please note: This is a six-month contract position.
For the OEM / Contract manufactured products, the responsibility includes making sure our commercial products meet Siemens Healthineers standards for Quality, Supply, Delivery and Cost. For the New Product Development activities, the responsibilities include making sure the sourcing strategies are aligned with the broader Siemens Healthineers POC organization as well as making sure all procurement activities for New Product Development projects are managed to avoid any project delays.
What will you do?
- Establishing / implementing / managing strategic sourcing strategies consistent with commodity management direction for a team of technically based procurement engineers and biochemists functioning as core and element team members during the new product development process to procure prototype materials for design development through early commercialization.
- Interface to R&D scientists and R&D functional Business Unit management to provide technology strategy and collaborative input for procurement positioning, supplier selection and evaluation criteria, supply agreement and approach decisions, strategic supplier consolidation, and deliver interface and network back into strategic procurement organization for long term business benefit.
- Initiates procurement processes and pinpoints approach to problem-solving to secure local Business Unit objectives through harmonized procurement voice and policies as delivered through BU interface team.
- Implements procurement policy for supplier selection, evaluation, approval, negotiation and contract development, and documentation of the supplier quality file in association with NPD team efforts.
- Supports internal network of collaboration between commodity management, R&D designers, and suppliers by sponsoring "Design to Cost" and "Manufacturability" workshops with suppliers, communications for core team and management reviews, and active project management to identify cost savings and early supplier involvement efficiencies.
- Responsible to promote early integration of strategic suppliers in co-engineering and co-development opportunities to provide optimal quality and cost delivery of innovative products to Siemens, support the make vs. buy decision making process, identify sourcing and technology strategies for NPD activities, promote R&D organizational strategies (such as hardware standardization, use of Siemens spend pooling and supply base leverage for component cost and obsolescence management, etc.) for optimized materials life cycle management. Provides judgement and counsel as a competent partner to all internal customers for the early integration of suppliers.
- Manages OEM / Contract manufactured products / suppliers including making sure our commercial products meet Siemens standards for Quality, Supply, Delivery & Cost. Objective of maximizing the contribution to operating revenue and profit (ie CNI, lowest SPC), optimizing the purchasing and procurement processes as well as managing cross functional teams for resolving product quality issues, reducing product costs, introducing new designs, modifying manufacturing processes, etc.
- Works with new product development Core Team Leaders regarding the technical requirements for new product introductions and / or implementation of legacy product design changes at contract manufacturing firms.
- Negotiates long-term agreements with finished good and component suppliers to ensure that supply risks are mitigated.
Note: Duties are not limited to those listed above. Additional duties may be assigned as required. However, reasonable accommodations will be made if all possible under business conditions.
What will you bring?
- Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
- Demonstrates significant knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues
- Demonstrates ability to influence individuals and groups from all levels of an organization
- Demonstrates ability to analyze procurement-related information from various sources to process work and resolve issues
- Demonstrates ability to analyze difficult situations, use good judgement, make decisions, and solve problems.
- Demonstrates ability to quickly learn about the business
- Fundamentals of Purchasing and Contracting
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Adept negotiation skills
- What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor of Engineering or advanced degree, and/or an equivalent combination of education and technical experience acceptable to Epocal
- 7 or more years of experience within ISO registered manufacturing environment - preferably in medical devices
- Familiarity with ISO13485, GMP and FDA Regulation essential
- Proficient with computer systems including hardware and software
- Proficient with spreadsheet applications and Word documents
- Proficient with SAP, AMAPS, or equivalent programs
Start challenging yourself
today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with
competitive pay, great benefits, and a global network offering real opportunity
for growth and advancement.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Siemens Healthineers Canada is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Healthineers Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
In our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity, Siemens Healthineers requires employees, contractors, and business partners to be fully vaccinated with relevant dose(s) of a Health Canada approved vaccine for all new hires by their start date.
“Fully vaccinated” means it has been 14 days after receiving the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (i.e. two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series), and which may include, at the Company’s discretion, any further doses in accordance with Health Canada guidelines.
Exemptions will only be granted for medical reasons or on the basis of a protected ground under applicable human rights legislation.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: EPOCAL INC.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.