Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
We have a new and challenging opportunity for a Technical Project Manager to join our team based out of our Ajax office. In this role you will be a primary technical interface with key stakeholders and you will lead project teams in the initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing of one or more technical projects/programs. You will lead and coordinate the management of schedule, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource allocation. You will work with your team to provide a positive customer experience and deliver positive project results. This role will require travel to other office / project locations across the country.
- Leads project/program managers in full scope of responsibilities for the most complex projects or programs. Designs and develops technical project/program opportunities.
- Provides technical project/program design review leadership. Designs and leads continuous improvement and project/program expansion opportunities.
- May cultivate client relationships and sales opportunities.
- Successfully defines workflows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness.
- Area of responsibility has moderate strategic impact.
- Develops and manages budgets and/or business plans for a department or business unit.
- Has latitude to develop policies/programs for area of responsibility or products and to forecast their impact; Analyzes effectiveness of policies/products and establishes future direction for functional policies and programs or products that affect company as a whole. Aligns policies/products and development efforts with company strategies.
- Identifies resource needs with significant influence on approval of identified needs.
- Responsible for overall success of function or project within multi-departments and/or cross-functional areas.
- Strong and tested project management skills, including sponsor and risk management
- Understands who is the client and what are the client's needs; provides realistic expectations; establishes specific customer satisfaction standards and actively monitors client satisfaction
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technology or equivalent Electro-Mechanical experience.
- 3-8 years of successful project management experience in the Material Handling Industry preferred and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for the technical project management domain and good knowledge of other domains and how they interact.
- Ability to demonstrate full understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation and performance management.
- Must have demonstrated success in effectively managing complex projects.
- Core Competencies that are critical to role: Business Acumen, Critical Thinking & Problem-Solving, Collaboration, Communication Effectiveness, Decision Making, Influencing and Leading, and Responsibility & Accountability.
- Must possess organizational agility/ability to get things done in a matrix organization.
- Known for effective leadership of project team. Passion for client satisfaction.
- Proven track record of leading “Change” initiatives impacting an entire organization.
- Experience with the following applications: MS Project (Gantt charts), MS Excel (proposals and data manipulation), MS PowerPoint, MS Word (SOW, Technical Proposals, etc.), AutoCAD 2D.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng).; Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Previous experience with the following applications is desired: SAP, Primavera P6, and a 3D Modeling package (ex. UG NX).
- Bilingual French written and verbal language skills.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.