Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical proficiency and passion for problem-solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? We offer intelligent and efficient mobility solutions for urban, interurban, and freight transportation. We're looking to empower people who want to seek society's challenges and make real what matters most.What you will do for Siemens Mobility:
The Business Development Professional for Software Solutions, North America, will have significant interaction and collaboration internally with Management, Sales, Finance, Project Management, Service, and Business Management – in both the US and Canada. You will have two primary responsibilities:
- Formulate and implement long-term plans for cost/profit control and is responsible for the business success of the software solutions business. Schedules will be predicated on detailed business models based on direct customer feedback and an in-depth understanding of railroad operations.
- Plan and complete the strategic development and lifecycle of the portfolio in line with the given strategy of the business.
We are seeking someone with combined experience and skills in developing sophisticated opportunities in the rail industry. Our ideal candidate is someone with a Railroad and Business Development background who has validated experience generating new prospects and converting them into business success. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction within the US
- Work with colleagues across multiple organizations to provide input and understand organizational strategy
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Promote the company's products/services addressing or predicting clients' objectives
- Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support to build long-term relationships with new and existing customers
- Ability to travel to customer sites as needed to get results and develop leads
- Willingness to lead and attend industry trade shows and conferences.
- Validated working experience as a business development manager, sales executive, or in a relevant role in the North American Freight Rail Industry
- Ability to obtain product and technical solution knowledge to educate the target customer base on our initiatives and product offerings.
- Demonstrate that you have existing business relationships that can be used as potential leads
- BA in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science
- Proven track record in developing new business models with a focused sales approach (CRM)
- Give informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers.
- Demonstrate excellent time management and organizational skills, even while working under time pressures and constant interruptions.
- Project management experience
- Risk management
- Self-motivated to produce high-quality results within the time allocated, with limited supervision
- Advanced user of MS Word, Excel, Visio, and Project
Why you'll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1!
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and making a positive impact on the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.