Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as the Sr. Director, U.S. Pension Assets & Risks/ U.S. Investment Officer.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
The Senior Director US Pension Assets & Risks/ US Investment Officer will define and establish the pension risk management function for Siemens Healthineers in the US. Reporting to the global Head of Asset & Insurable Risks and the Head of Finance in the US, the role serves as senior pension asset and risk officer to Siemens Healthineers US’ senior management, responsible for the development, implementation, governance and then management of the organizational and functional pension asset and risk management set-up within Siemens Healthineers Treasury for the assets of our US Defined Benefit, Defined Contribution and Deferred Compensation plans.
The pension assets and risks are currently managed by Siemens Corporation but will be transferred to Siemens Healthineers. This role’s initial task is to develop a Siemens Healthineers target operating model that will ensure a smooth transition of the pension asset and risk management from Siemens Corporation to Siemens Healthineers. This to be defined target operating model must enable the foreseen integration of Varian’s savings plans.
The role comprises the management of all stakeholders (HR, Tax, Accounting, Legal, etc.), the implementation of Siemens Healthineers Pension investment committee, and the recommendation and selection of service providers (i.e., asset managers, investment consultants, etc.) for approval by the investment committee.
Furthermore, the responsibility also includes the strategic advisory, governance role of Siemens Healthineers’ pension asset risks in the Americas.
- You will lead and drive the development and implementation of the organizational and functional US Siemens Healthineers pension asset risk management set-up, incl. implementation of investment committee, related processes, and recommendations of service providers.
- The scope of responsibilities also includes the management of Varian’s pension assets and thus the aim is to define an integrated (Siemens Healthineers including Varian), yet standalone from Siemens Corporation pension asset risk management for Siemens Healthineers in the US.
- You will oversee the development and implementation of a “state of the art” global Siemens Healthineers' global asset and risk reporting & evaluation digitization strategy, including tools & processes.
- You are responsible for managing and regularly reporting to the investment committee.
- You are responsible for a continuous optimal, liability-driven capital investment strategy and allocation – established by the investment committee – and will implement an efficient review process for which you will conduct research on asset classes, external investment managers and strategies, where required with support from external investment consultants.
- In this role you will be a senior advisor on pension asset governance & liability topics for Siemens Healthineers senior management.
- You will be responsible to develop dedicated pension de-risking concepts and will – following approval – be responsible for their execution.
- You will develop and responsible for performance and risk analysis (e.g., value-at-risk and stress tests), and implement an efficient analysis process and system for reporting on pension assets and their risks. As part of this responsibility, you will ensure regular and compliant reporting according to internal and external requirements.
- You will support and advise on restructuring or M&A projects.
- In addition, you will support the development of Siemens Healthineers’ Global Pension Asset Strategy plus the Investment and Funding Guidelines.
- You will oversee a (junior) pension risk managers/ direct report to ensure that quality standards are being met and work goals achieved.
- The successful candidate will be a seasoned, experienced investment executive with a minimum of 15 years related experience typically gained in a similar position within industry or with a Family Office, private investor, opportunity fund, pension fund advisor or investment bank.
- Should have proven experience in managing people, programs, and processes. A successful track record of locating, structuring, financing, managing pension assets and savings plans.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in business administration, economics, finance, complemented by a master’s degree (a plus) with an emphasis on finance or economics. A CFA would also be preferable or over 15 years of work experience in a leading institution.
- Skills, Abilities:
- Strategic thinker and proficient in decision-making.
- A proven track record of successful investment
- Capability to address and manage complex and sensitive topics with senior management and boards is required.
- Experience and capability of development and execution of risk management strategies is required.
- Track-record & strong organizational and planning skills.
- High degree of honesty and integrity.
- Strong work ethic.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Knowledge of all type of pension investments and multiple market knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively delegate and to manage.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships.
- Proven leadership abilities
- Outgoing, business-like personality
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date, except where prohibited by state law. Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons. If you choose to submit an accommodation request it should be submitted within 3 business days of receiving a verbal offer. Details on how to submit approval will be provided by your recruiter. An accommodation approval must be confirmed prior to your start date. A start date cannot be confirmed until the accommodation has been reviewed. An accommodation is based on your role. If you are a currently a Siemens Healthineers employee with an existing approved accommodation, it will need to be re-evaluated prior to starting a new role.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.