Research Engineer – Semantics
With over 1,900 researchers worldwide, the Technology (T) department occupies a special position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations. Through its R&D activities in Germany, USA, China, India, Russia, Japan and Eastern Europe, the Technology department helps secure the company's technological future and bolster its competitiveness.
Who are we?
Our Research Group (Advanced Data Management), located in Bangalore, is part of Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence (DAI) Technology Field. Headquartered in Munich, we are a passionate community of 250+ researchers, data scientists and architects distributed across the globe. We strive to solve complex problems in various domains ranging from industry, energy, mobility and buildings to smart cities by applying methods and principles of data analytics and artificial intelligence. We are looking for equally passionate techies to join us in this exciting journey of finding solutions to some non-trivial problems of the petabyte world.
Are you up for these challenges?
Our research primarily focuses on methods and algorithms for data driven decisions. As a knowledge graph expert on our team, you will have to research, develop and maintain tools used to architect, create, debug, analyze and maintain industrial knowledge graphs.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Design, develop, test and maintain knowledge graph creation, consistency checking, maintenance analysis and debugging tools.
- Integrate those structured data sources into a coherent and consistent knowledge graph structure
- Close interaction with the business units to perform feasibility and concept studies based on state-of-the-art semantics and ontologies
- Help other teams to access and leverage the knowledge graph to help machine learning, search and recommendation tasks
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Experience in creating and maintaining knowledge graph data structures
- Experience in semantic consistency checking
- Experience in manipulating unstructured, semi-structured and fully structured datasets
- Capability to understand and model a domain in interactions with the customer
- Love for data and data semantics
- An open mind; desire to learn the most appropriate language/technology to solve a given problem
- Readiness to work in uncertainty regarding the resolution of a problem, the existence of means to resolve it and, sometimes, in the absence of precise objectives
- Autonomous and responsible; organized and structured in initiatives and work
- Detail-oriented and able to keep a global vision of the issues and their solutions
Masters/PhD. in Computer Science or a related discipline from a reputed institute with experience up to 3 years in building data analytics and machine learning applications using knowledge graphs
- Experience in semantic web related specifications and tools
- Knowledge of knowledge graph consistency and coherency checking
- RDF, RDFS (preferably also OWL)
- Querying & data manipulation in SPARQL
- Programming skills (e.g. Python, Java, basic HTML…)
- Experience with ETL processes and tools (cleaning, conversion, …)
- Understanding of inference in RDF, RDFS and OWL (including profiles)
- Knowledge of property graph formalism (e.g. Neo4j, Gremlin, Tinkerpop, …)
- Awareness of authoring ontologies using tool like Protégé (need not be an expert but should at least have that ability)
- Decent awareness of RDF stores like Blazegraph and/or GraphDB to go with corresponding SPARQL knowledge that is mentioned.
- Machine learning expertise is a definite plus!
What are my responsibilities?
- Create innovative ideas to address the business needs in the areas that are relevant to the research group and technology field and transfer them to business through projects.
- Implement proofs of concept and prototypes to evangelize the ideas
- Always keep abreast of the latest developments in our areas of research and stay ahead / Disseminate the knowledge by conducting technical talks and workshops
- Create IP and publish papers in reputed international journals and conferences
- Mentor graduate student interns in order to address curious questions in our areas of research
If this is you, you would not like to miss a rewarding career with our team!
If you can spend half a day in our lab and extensive hands-on exercise is an enjoyable task, please send us your profile
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time