We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 293 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
As an OPM, you coordinate and manage operational portfolio issues for the segment and product line at the interface of Supply Chain Management and Product Life Cycle Management with cross-functional partners. You identify improvement potentials and drive improvements of processes and systems at these interfaces to increase effectiveness and efficiency
Your new responsibilities
- Manage component obsolescence issues within the Product Line and support PMs in determining LTB (last time buy) quantities for EOL (end of life) components.
- Handling of various ad-hoc operational issues in collaboration with the respective cross-functional partners.
- Support PMs for opening of products in SAP/MDM. Track and facilitate the logistical progress of product introduction in SAP.
- Perform quality controls for material master data in SAP/MDM
- Manage Phase Out of products including maintaining the roadmap in collaboration with the Product Lines
- Identify improvement potentials for processes and tools and drive process developments and improvements, especially life-cycle management and related processes in the Product Evolution Process
- Represent interests of Product Line in BP councils, workgroups and project teams in topics concerning the portfolio.
- Training and support of Product Managers on topics concerning operational portfolio management. First level support for PM's in regard to the MDM System
Your skills and experience
- University Degree in business administration, supply chain management or engineering
- Several years of experience in Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing Engineering, R&D or Product Management, preferably in more than one of these areas.
- Proven track record of managing interdisciplinary projects in product introduction projects from the perspective of either SCM, PM, R&D or Manufacturing Engineering.
- In-depth knowledge of SAP R/3 modules PP/MM, SAP Business Warehouse and SAP APO.
- Excellent capabilities in influencing teams of peers and other groups which are not in the line of command
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills: You can communicate proactively and in a target-oriented way in different daily business situations and with different personalities and successfully negotiate with stakeholders
- Experienced networker and skilled in developing and leveraging relationships within/across teams/work groups to achieve results
- Familiar with working in an international setting and interfacing with English speaking contact persons from different locations, countries and cultural backgrounds.
- Fluency in English and German are a must
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. As such, we can only accept your application via our application platform (using the «Application» button). Please be aware that applications sent by e-mail will not be answered and will simply be deleted. Should you have any questions about this job offer, please contact email@example.com mentioning the job ID in your e-mail. We look forward to receiving your full application.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time