Due to developing markets and market demand the Customer Services division of Siemens Large Drives Sector, a world leading supplier of innovative and environmentally friendly products and solutions for industrial customers has an exciting opportunity for a Field Service Engineer to provide services for our large drives products range including medium voltage VSDs, Gearless Mill Drive applications, Industrial Automation and Control Systems, safety systems, industrial instrumentation, communication solutions and intelligent motor control solutions.
The current opportunity is for a Field Service Engineer to join our team based in Brisbane, QLD reporting to the Service Operations Manager, the Service Engineer will be required to carry out all day to day field service activities, principally with our clients across Eastern Australia and PNG with intermittent field work in WA. There will also be a repair portion to the role where the Field Service Engineer will be required to complete VSD component repairs in the Siemens cell repair facility based in Salisbury, Brisbane. The Field Service Engineer will be required to be part of a national on call team and be periodically rostered on to provide after hours and breakdown technical support to customers. This may require mobilisation to customers' sites at short notice.
The key responsibilities in this role are activities relating to commissioning, breakdown repair, maintenance and/or installation, upgrades and updates for Siemens LDA Products(MV/LV Perfect Harmony and Sinamics VSDs) and automation Systems (PCS7) and PLC products (S7) related to the LDA products. In addition, this role is also responsible for:
• Providing timely completion of service reports
• Complying with all OH&S policies and service escalation procedures, customer contractual obligations and quality standards
• Ensuring customer satisfaction
• Maintaining personal knowledge of safety instructions and operational procedures
• Ensuring that all tools and test equipment issued to the job holder are properly maintained
• Providing office based technical support to customers when requested
• Supporting the Sales team in generating leads for predefined service offers and contributing to planning activities
• Support to Siemens Project Team on occasions where required
In order to be considered for this opportunity you will need to possess the following:
• Electrical/Electronic Engineering degree or an Electrical License with relevant experience and a minimum of 5 - 10 years experience in the Industrial Automation Industry and hold a current Drivers Licence.
• Proven experience in MV VSDs and Automation systems
• Experience in commissioning and maintenance of Siemens control Systems is essential
• Ability and willingness for frequent travel locally, nationally and overseas where required including remote sites. Travel will be approximately 80% of total time.
• Willingness to be “on call” for customer telephone support and breakdown site attendance according to the Departmental Service schedule roster
• Ability to liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
• Proven ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
Our success is underpinned by the sustainable value we bring to our customers and we do this through our products, services, solutions, and our people. Siemens offers an environment where high performance is rewarded and avenues for growth encouraged and nurtured.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.