Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372, 000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Large Drives Applications business as a Finance and Commercial Manager and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in Large Drives Applications (LDA). A growing business with real opportunities for progression and a chance to show entrepreneurial initiative.
LDA is recruiting for a Finance and Commercial Manager to work in their team in Manchester reporting and to the Head of Finance and Commercial LDA – UK to:
(a) provide excellent analysis and reporting of business performance ensuring timely and accurate information to support management decision making.
(b) provide commercial/contractual support both pre and post contract to the sales and operations teams respectively.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Review/Comment upon/Negotiate, Customer and Supplier terms and conditions in line with LOA process.
- Analysis - Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual as well as ad hoc analysis of the P&L, Balance Sheet and cash flow to support decision making in the business.
- Reporting – Preparation of financial and other key business metrics at the highest quality in line with given timelines.
- Forecast – Monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts are prepared capturing all future business developments.
- Month-end process – a key player in the month-end process ensuring the month-end results are completed in a timely manner of the highest quality in line with accounting guidelines.
- Ensure the financial data reported in Esprit and Dash is accurate and consistent with SAP and reflect current reporting requirements of the depth structures, giving transparency to the financial reporting.
- Financial Guidelines – Interpretation of financial guidelines, ensuring they are adapted and understood within the organisation.
- Working Capital Management – review key balance sheet positions and work with key stakeholders throughout the business to ensure cash is optimised.
- RIC Officer - Act as Risk and Internal Control Officer ensuring that a robust control framework is maintained and kept up to date with business changes.
- Ensure data integrity and consistency of data across all SAP modules.
- Own the LOA process
- Control of Currency Hedging
What you need to make real what matters.
- Experience of reviewing and negotiating business contracts (MF/1, NEC3 etc.)
- Passionate about business success
- Qualified Accountant
- Experience presenting to an HQ Leadership team
- Autonomous with the ability to take on responsibility / ownership for processes and actively drive towards results.
- Ability to work closely with all disciplines within the business and explain financial data to non-finance professionals.
- Advanced working knowledge of SAP is essential.
- Working knowledge of ESPRIT and DASH would be advantageous but not essential.
- Advanced Knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Well organised, and capable of organising others
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time