Position Title : Codes & Standards Professional
Location : Peachtree Corners, GA
- This individual will support, develop, and promote company positions in industry codes and standards activities.
- Monitor external codes and standards activities that may impact the division's business to assure the interests of the company are protected.
- Potential to actively participate as a company expert and as an industry expert in the development of product standards and application requirements with North American and International industry standards organizations such as UL, CSA, NEMA, ANSI, NFPA, ANCE, CANENA, and IEC.
- Role is the in the Codes and Standards group of RC-US SI EP reporting to the Director, Codes & Standards.
- Code Development
- Perform project management role for NFPA Codes and Standards process, i.e. National Electrical Code, within Siemens RC-US SI EP
- Analyze proposed changes and potential impacts to Siemens Industry, Inc.
- Organize and create code change proposals that have been coordinated with the business unit
- Communicate pending and imminent code changes with impact to the business to other groups such as Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, etc.
- Assist in the coordination of the code process with other Divisions/Business Units, as needed
- Strategic Codes & Standards work
- Analyze trends and actions in code development and standardization issues
- Help to identify areas of within codes such as the NEC that may be strategic, offensively, or defensively, for Siemens Industry, Inc.
- Develop detailed proposals and substantiation for code or standard submissions which may include thorough statistical and/or technical data and analysis
- Develop strategic responses to external proposals to support and promote the company's codes and standards policies and business strategies.
- Technical Support
- Provide code reference and interpretation support, as needed, to other groups within EP such as Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, etc.
- Provide pro-active support and guidance on present and future standards requirements affecting the design, testing, or certifications of Siemens Industry, Inc. products
- Provide standards identification and clarification, as needed, to various groups within Siemens as it relates to EP products/applications
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- 5 + years’ experience in the application, design, and manufacture of electrical distribution equipment
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field
- Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Knowledge of Siemens Electrical Products Business Unit (EP) or related products in, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Familiarity with UL, CSA, and other Standards Development Organization (SDO) standards
- Ability to influence and work with others both outside and inside the company
- Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area of expertise.
- Ability to understand residential, commercial, and industrial business markets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to interact with customers, vendors, employees, and industry peers.
- Confidentiality – assignments may involve working with representatives from competitors
- ~20% domestic travel required
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Prior or current Siemen’s employment is a plus
- Problem solving
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.