The Application Support Engineer is responsible for handling a set of customer accounts to ensure their technical success with our Simcenter software (Simcenter STAR-CCM+, Floefd/Flotherm). Working closely with customers to understand their engineering workflow, the Application Support Engineer proposes solutions and standard methodologies to help the client meet their objectives. The role includes training, mentoring and providing direct customer support. The position works closely with the sales organization to define and implement pro-active initiatives to grow usage within the set of assigned accounts.
Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to work with clients are essential to success in this fast-paced and broad engineering role. If you are creative, entrepreneurial in nature, and demonstrate good interpersonal skills, we would like to hear from you.
- Act as primary point of contact to assigned set of accounts for all technical issues related to their use of STAR-CCM+/Floefd/Flotherm. Identify problems and take ownership for successful resolution of issues, including reporting of bugs
- Participate in the sales process to facilitate sales and deployment of software at potential and existing customers
- Conduct training on Introductory and Advanced Topics
- Conduct technical discussions with prospective accounts on benefits of CFD products
- Perform benchmark simulations to define standard methodologies and verify results
- Present new features of software to address customer needs
- Create Knowledge Base Articles for the customer portal
- Work on multiple projects/problems simultaneously
- Collaborate with product management and industry teams to provide feedback on future product direction.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Aerospace, Mechanical, Chemical or related field with focus on computational methods and fluid dynamics
- Flexible demeanor
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Experience with STAR-CCM+/Floefd/Flotherm or other commercial CFD tools
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.