Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability.
We put people first: we live up to a culture of team spirit, trust and mutual respect, valuing ambition and empowerment. Our culture celebrates diversity and inclusion, reflecting society with various backgrounds, nationalities, expertise, and mindsets. At Siemens Mobilty, you will find the trust and freedom to excel and to create a better tomorrow with us. We are a focused technology company, with technology that addresses real problems that affect the future of humanity, combining the real and digital worlds and creating a truly global impact.
We want to join a Supply Chain Management – Controller. She/He will organize, structure and control procurement activities in her/his area of responsibility, with the objective of maximizing the contribution to operating profit and optimizing the purchasing and procurement processes and the use of resources as part of the regional network. Working in the Project Execution management team as well as the SCM team, the objective is to have utmost transparency, consistency and analysis of financial data for Procurement and Logistics, like PVO, CNI, CTG, Payment terms, E-Auctions, GVS, etc. and the translation effects into projects and contracts. The role includes undertaking detailed financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting and reports directly to the Head of BA Project Execution where she/he will be assigned.
What are my responsibilities?
• Responsible for controlling, optimization and control of procurement and logistic costs to increase the contribution to operating profit in the area of responsibility.
• Controls all relevant indicators, using the Siemens Tools, market analyses, dash of dashes, SCMcore, SCM Star, OPW, Gloris.
• Supports in planning processes for Procurement and Logistics
• Controls objectives (budget, target/actual) under the anticipated market situations to measure, report, analyze and suggests improvement measures to Project Execution, Procurement and Logistics.
• Adapts and implements efficient procedures and processes to maximize potential in productivity and asset improvement measures as well as lead time optimization.
• Ensures the availability of a reliable commercial information base for efficient decision making
• Provides all necessary support to management in achievement of short & mid-term objectives by:
o Active monitoring of PVO development and ageing to manage appropriate early warnings
o Calculation, detailed analysis and monitoring of PVO portfolio and development of KPI's to unveil potential for cost optimization
o Provides information and feedback to the management regarding the actual and forecast figures (PVO, CNI, etc.) for national and international projects according to the respective requirements and timelines.
• Preparation of information, comments and analysis of variations for forecasts in coordination with FPM and PE Controlling.
• Supports the Project Execution teams that the financial results according to set targets are managed with due professional care and suggests potentials to improve project gross profit, cash flow and assets/inventories.
• Acts as business partner to the Project Execution teams and Ninja initiative in her/his areas of responsibility.
• Ensures to act according to the Business Conduct Guidelines and establishes a culture of trust and integrity.
• Drives productivity and asset management improvement measures in her/his area of responsibility and in close alignment with the Project Execution teams and PE Controlling.
• Responds and drives ad hoc requests and analysis with utmost passion and leadership.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
• 6-8 years’ solid experience and proven track record in SCM and Logistics, Performance Controlling or Project Execution.
• Siemens business processes, policies and procedures knowledge.
• Value flow and finance process knowledge.
• Calculation methods / OPW methodology.
• Leadership, team work, collaboration skills, good communication
• Experience handling SCM tools (e.g. Spiridon, market analyses, dash of dashes, SCMcore, SCM Star, OPW, Gloris, etc.)
• Multicultural team working experience
• Full professional proficiency in English (both written and oral skills), Spanish/German is plus
• Commercial Experience in different markets (e.g. Americas, Europe, Asia, etc.)
• Strong communication skills and interface management competence is a must
• Affinity for internal digitalization initiatives is a must
• Former participant in Company talent programs is a plus
• Experience in Corporate Functions and different Business Units is a plus
• LEAN competence is a plus
• Resilience and affinity for working in a highly dynamic and complex project execution environment
Siemens aboga por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como en la Diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía y animamos la cobertura de puestos por mujeres y hombres en ocupaciones que se encuentren subrepresentadas.