Position Title: Software Developer
Location: Peachtree Corners, GA
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is looking for a Software Developer with an embedded software development background for their Electronics R&D department in the Electrical Products organization located in Peachtree Corners, GA. We are looking for an entry level candidate with less than 3 years’ experience in embedded hardware/software/firmware engineering, application software and development. The candidate will work in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary engineering design team consisting of design engineers (hardware, software, mechanical and test) to develop new smart and connected products in the field of electrical circuit protection, power distribution and monitoring in the department portfolio. This position will provide software engineering support from the concept phase to manufacturing of product.
This position requires the successful candidate to develop embedded software/firmware written in C/C++ language for applications such as advanced fault detection methodology in next generation protection devices. Other applications may include energy and power quality monitoring. The successful candidate shall have prior knowledge of Machine Learning models and shall have the experience of using Python and available Python libraries/ APIs to create working solutions. The candidate shall have the knowledge and understanding of simulation environments such as MATLAB to perform data analysis and provide well researched design ideas to the development team for future product implementations. The successful candidate shall also have the knowledge of industry leading security packages for protection of over the air (OTA) firmware/software upgrades and data transfers with planned and upcoming communicating devices. Further the successful candidate is expected to complete software simulation, prototype verification, support factory pre-production prototypes build, support the completion of various certifications required for the product (UL, CSA etc.).
The candidate will be required to convey the project status and test results to the development teams. They may be required to update the product performance to the organization and the senior management occasionally.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
- Write and review software design specifications for new product features.
- Design and develop embedded software prototypes to evaluate new technology and assess feasibility.
- Design, implement, review, integrate and test embedded system software.
- Develop software with a unit test driven methodology to ensure smooth integration cycles. Work with hardware team in hardware bring-up, test activities, debugging and support integrated validation efforts.
- Integrate third party applications and OEM components with designed product.
- Follow innovative trends in software engineering technology in keeping software components in products up to date with state-of-art technologies.
- Conduct and participate in peer reviews to ensure product quality.
- Ensure software quality standards are maintained and help further a process driven environment.
- Interact with internal and external development partners from a multi-cultural, global development team.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Education:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar is required.
- 1 - 3 years of relevant hands-on experience in embedded software development and software architecture development. Advanced degree (Master’s degree) can be substituted for industry experience.
- Understanding of SW development processes.
- Experience in C/C++,
- Knowledge and Experience using MATLAB/SIMULINK and converting analytical results into efficient embedded software.
- Experience working with multiple communication protocols (I2C, SPI, UART etc.) and industry standard security packages for secure firmware and data transfer between communicating devices.
- Experience working with industry standard programmers and debugging environments (JTAG etc.)
- Capability and willingness to travel (1-5%/year) domestically and must have the ability to travel outside of the United States of America.
- Knowledge of product requirements and design documentation tree is desired.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to communicate information effectively.
- Ability to convey ideas and concepts to a wide range of audiences including product management and engineers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment as part of a team.
- Produce excellent results with minimal supervision, independently debug, optimize and able to test complex code base.
- Strong analytic and decision-making skills.
- Strong quality orientation and customer focus.
- Familiarity with software testing tools such as Unity, SonarQube etc.
- Familiarity with software version control such as GIT, Rational ClearCase etc.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and flexible vacation plans to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.