Overview of the Service Specialist | How you will make an impact in this role:
Simply put, you are the person that gathers data, troubleshoots, and carries out critical maintenance and repairs to our customers’ HVAC/Automation control systems in large commercial buildings such as hospitals, universities, and industrial facilities. It’s very possible you will be installing new equipment and commissioning these control systems. Why is this so important? The Automation Specialist is the face of Siemens, and your expertise and regular interaction with the customer will help them increase system reliability, save energy, , and create a more sustainable future for our environment.
- Meet with the customers to diagnose their HVAC electronic control /building automation control systems malfunctions and use your expertise to maintain, repair, or install new equipment; commissioning if needed
- Consult with our internal engineering and management team for discrepancies in our drawings or as problems arise
- Interface with the customers: complete the service work documentation, assist them with training instructions needed for future ease-of-use, and (most importantly) recommend system enhancements providing a value-added partner relationship
This position supports Siemens’ customers who may require all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons in the requirements section.
- High School Diploma or state- recognized GED
- Electro-mechanical aptitude (as shown through previous employment, education, or convincing evidence)
- Computer, software and networking skills
- Experience installing and/or servicing HVAC or electronic controlled equipment (OK not to have for entry level, but must have for higher level positions)
- 1 year of experience of electronic controls/HVAC for level I preferred
- 3+ years of experience of electronic controls/HVAC for level II
- Legal authorization to work in the United States, without the need for current or future employer sponsorship Valid driver’s license with very limited violations (Eligible for company vehicle must be 21+)
- ON-Call maybe required (especially Service roles)
- Preferred knowledge of reading/understanding design and construction documents; work in a variety of environments in and around mechanical equipment, including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment, working in ducts, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions; use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet; carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted smartphone, and tablet; carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted (team oriented, motivated individuals- perhaps part of screening?)
For Our Military/Veteran Applicants:
First and most importantly, thank you for your service. For the Automation Specialist role, Veterans (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy or Space Force) with these military careers are typically good fits: Avionic ET, CE Careers (HVAC & Electrical), Communication Techs, Electricians, ET/EM/MM NUC, Fire Control, Navaids, ATC Radar ET Techs, SATCOM, Submarine Electronics/Computer Field, and other Electronic/Electrical/Mechanical Career Fields
We highly encourage you to apply to any position you have interest in, not just the Automation Specialist.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.