- Be the lead civil engineering representative for railway signaling projects within the region.
- Support the Regional Construction Manager in identifying the delivery strategy for the civil engineering works on each project.
- Suppport the Bids and Tendering Team with developing scopes and estimates for work being tendered.
- Support the Project engineering Manager and Contractor’s Engineering Managers in identifying and nominating Civils Construction Contractor’s Responsible Engineers for each project.
- Identify and recruit key personnel to support each project within the region.
- Ensure that each project has the correct level of resource with the correct competence to deliver the scope of works.
- Identify and engage specialist civil engineering subcontractors where required.
- Implement and ensure compliance with Siemens Business Management System.
- Ensure the civil engineering team implement control measures for both safety and quality assurance.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationship with internal and external customers, including the Project Managers, Project Engineering Manager, external Client and 3rd party contractors.
- HND or Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering
- Knowledge & Experience in Civil Engineering management in railway environment
- Civil Engineering background and able to undertake Civils Construction CRE role
- Experience of managing and developing large groups of people
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Commercially astute and able to manage £multi-million budgets
- Must be willing to travel and lodge around area of responsibility
- Railway Civil Engineering experience in designing / constructing signalling assets
- IOSH or CITB site management training
- Temporary Works Supervisor or Temporary Works Coordinator experience
- Follow the good examples set by the Regional Construction Manager & Project Director in creating a robust EHS&S culture within the team
- Set an example by their own actions and activities
- Set EHS&S targets and objectives for their direct staff
- Ensure that directed staff are capable and competent to undertake the tasks allocated to them
- Ensure effective implementation of the Siemens Project Health & Safety Plan, Project Quality Plan and Project Environmental Plan on projects responsible for and in compliance with PCL requirements
- Communicate and encourage feedback on EHS&S issues
- Undertake appropriate disciplinary action for any breach of H&S
- Investigate accidents or incidents to determine basic causes, feedback information both up and down the organisation
- Ensure adequate EHS&S equipment is to hand and is used by employees
- Undertake EHS&S tours or inspections; take action where deficiencies are observed
- When unable to rectify or remedy unsafe situations either stop work if the risk is too high and/or report the deficiency (and involve HSQE) to the Project Manager for action
- Promote and use the business procedures to control and manage work
- Understand the EHS&S risks involved in any activity they control and ensure any mitigation designated to control that risk are effectively operated/implemented
- Be prepared and be competent to manage any for-seen emergency situations
- Become involved in any worksafe problem and help resolve that problem
- Maintain their competence to manage their own EHS&S and environmental responsibilities and contribute to their directs competence to manage their EHS&S responsibilities
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time