We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 293 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
The Fire Application team develops fire safety products with great passion and dedication. Our state-of-the-art fire alarm systems provide people and equipment around the world with 24-hour protection against fire damage – in line with our motto “We make the world a safer place”. Siemens' global center for the development of fire protection systems, which set standards worldwide, is located in Zug. As we move towards digitalization, the Fire Application team is also working on linking our products to cloud-based systems. With its broad expertise in the areas of distributed systems, real-time and embedded software, the team assumes responsibility for implementing the defined goals in many development projects. The team is being further expanded in light of the growing number of international projects, which increasingly involve technologies from the fields of edge and cloud computing.
Your new responsibilities
- You will be working in a cross-functional, agile team, playing a decisive role in defining the function and design of software components and assuming responsibility for them over the course of time
- The scope of responsibilities ranges from software design to the delivery of market-ready solutions for our customers
- By continuously applying and improving test strategies, you will ensure that products meet our strict quality requirements
- You will be working globally with internal and external colleagues, customers, suppliers, universities and other development departments
- You will assume responsibility for your own work and use the freedom given to you to achieve the best possible solutions
- Our agile working environment makes it possible to respond to changing market needs with custom-made solutions
- By mutual agreement and depending on your interests and skills, there are many opportunities to take on further responsibilities in the areas of technology, architecture and project management
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science or electrical engineering with an emphasis on software development
- Several years of professional experience in software development
- In-depth knowledge of hardware-related software development for embedded systems
- Good command of:
- (Embedded) Java
- Continuous Integration
- A passion for embedded software. Ideally, you should also have experience in the development of test concepts as well as their implementation
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, able to work independently, and proactive
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken German and English
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
At Siemens, we always face the task of building a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse digital minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens is establishing mobile working as a core element of the “new normal”. Wherever possible, “mobile working” is ingrained in our work culture, which promotes self-directed and location flexible work. Siemens promotes equal opportunities. Diversity enriches our company and gives us an advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either