Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time?
At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Overall responsibility is to design and develop HVDC/AC Substation layouts & interdisciplinary coordination that mainly includes:
- Preparation of all Primary Engineering Deliverables. International projects experience & exposure of Standards IEC, IEEE.
- Substation layouts and section drawings preparation (2D & 3D) for proposal & real projects based on customer specification.
- Prepare, review, and validate Bill of material for tenders and real projects.
- Responsible for all design calculations related to Primary Engineering
- Grounding system design, drawings, and Bill of Materials.
- Lightning protection system design, drawings, and BoM.
- Technical data sheets verification of primary equipment.
- Knowledge of primary (HV) equipment, such as GIS, circuit breakers, disconnectors, earthing switches, instrument transformers, power transformers, etc.
- Providing optimized and customized solutions for various substation and apply creativity wherever required for continuous project development.
- Planning of inter-disciplinary meeting with internal as well external customer as required.
- Vendor Offer Evaluations. FAT / SAT of primary equipment, system as and when needed.
- Technical risk and opportunity assessment and validation
- Take part in customer meetings / site visits for tender/project clarifications
- Estimation of engineering effort for each project development and continuously innovate ideas to reduce Engineering effort with quality.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented, and be flexible to work well under tight schedules in a fast-paced team environment
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Graduate or Post Graduate in Electrical with experience of min. 6-8 Years of experience in Primary design for AC/HVDC substations.
- Posses good communication, interpersonal skills and willing to work in inter disciplinary teams.
- Posses Good knowledge of Substation Primary and Secondary design interfaces.
- Hands on experience in Autodesk tools- Inventor, Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time