Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
The fire sprinkler designer/Layout Technician will produce installation drawings & submittals for new installation and tenant improvement of fire sprinkler systems. The designer will also perform estimating as sales assist on future projects. This position will support the local metropolitan area as well as neighboring branches within the Pacific region.
- Perform complete design of fire sprinkler system per adopted codes and standards.
- Perform hydraulic calculations.
- Complete stock listing for fabrication.
- Create submittal docs.
- Work with the sales staff to interpret project specifications and drawings, determine system layout, perform takeoffs, and estimate associated equipment.
- Ensure proper handoffs from Sales to Design, Design to the Field, and project closeouts.
- Work independently with minimal supervision from the design manager.
- Minimum high school diploma / GED; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience performing water-based system layout required
- NICET Level II certificate in water-based system layout required
- Experience in the design of special hazard suppression systems and / or fire alarm systems preferred
- Proficient knowledge of current applicable codes including NFPA, IBC, UBC, UFC and the principles and practices of fire protection engineering
- Strong estimating support to sales
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.