Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Senior Software Engineer and be part of the team that designs and develops state of the art positron emission tomographs (PET) and image formation software. This position is located in Knoxville, TN and relocation will be provided to out-of-state candidates.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Senior Software
Engineer, you will be responsible for requirement analysis, detailed specification,
design, implementation, documentation and test of software components for
PET/CT and MR/PET scanners. This includes functions such as device calibration,
data acquisition, data corrections, data analysis and image reconstruction. You
will be working in collaboration with a cross-functional and international team
involved in the development of PET software products.
Specific Job Responsibilities
· You will be working with the development team to define the architecture and interfaces to achieve a scalable and flexible image formation platform
· You will be collaborating with our research team on the development of new data corrections and analysis methods
· You will design, document, and implement flexible, robust and high-performant numerical algorithms
· You will be defining and implementing automated test strategies for the software
· You will support in diagnosing and servicing cutting edge technology devices thus avoiding or minimizing system downtime for doctors and patients
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
· You have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related fields and preferably 3+ years of experience in developing medical imaging software (Master’s preferred)
· You have experience in modern SW development processes like Agile/SAFe, iterative development and TDD
· You have excellent analytical and problem solving skills and a good background in math/physics
· You have experience in defining and implementing SW architectures for high-performance systems, have solid knowledge in algorithm optimization techniques and are familiar with relevant SW tools
· You have solid knowledge of design and development with C++, Intel oneAPI, MS Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server
· You have a demonstrated ability to work successfully in international teams
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date except where prohibited by state law.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specifics before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.