Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Mechanical Designer.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a
Mechanical Designer, you
will be responsible for:
Design and develop test methods for complex Positron Emission Tomography (PET) detector mechanics throughout the complete lifecycle: prototype evaluation, performance testing, system integration testing, manufacturing launch and sustaining through commercialization. The applicant should be an engineer who likes developing mechanical solutions and working as part of an integrated design and product team.
- In your activities you will work with other technical staff to create mechanical concepts, prototype designs, conduct testing, report findings, and provide improvement recommendations based on observation and learning.
- Create test methods based on design specifications and working closely with engineers and technicians from multiple disciplines.
- Establish and maintain thorough and accurate engineering log books, data sets, test procedures and generally adhere to formal documentation practices required for medical device products.
- Create technical documentation and reviews for mechanical specification release, adhering to the quality system process throughout the product release stages: proof-of-concept, prototype (Initial Release) through design improvements (Engineering Change Orders).
This position may suit you
best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with
- Technical curiosity
- Ability to manage multiple projects that are relatively complex in scope and demonstrate effective time-management skills to comply with project deadlines
- You will be working with our latest technology and therefore you are willing to learn about new software and hardware solutions.
- You have good communication skills and are team orientated.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- You have good PC skills (CAD, PDM, FEA, MS Office software: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- NX CAD tool experience preferred
· Technical experience:
o Component and Subsystem Design (Mechanical)
- Conducting mechanical experiments and data analysis
· Task documentation experience:
o Proficient in design documentation including design specifications, concept records, minutes of reviews, test reports, etc.
o Presenting data to the scientific staff and creating a written report.
Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a
greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech
industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our
common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy
of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and
services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the
company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space
to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.