For system support in the Factory Automation business, we are looking for experienced automation engineers to join our team. The main responsibility is to technically support internal and external customers regarding the upcoming new technology of Edge Computing in factory automation. This includes integrating automation layer with edge computing layer, creating innovative concepts, presales support, preparation and execution of technical workshops, consulting of customer projects, and constantly innovating about how to improve the usage of our products.
What are my responsibilities?
• Guide internal and external customers on the way to use the new Edge technology. This includes setup Edge Apps and the integration of Edge into existing IT and OT structures.
• Creating innovation concepts for Edge in Factory Automation
• Onsite customer visits to support sales regarding technical topics
• Build up and maintain expert knowledge about the latest technologies and trends in Factory Automation
• Prepare and execute technical workshops to share the latest knowledge to internal and external customers
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• You have 2-3 years automation project experiences.
• Profound experience with factory automation and Siemens PLC products, such as S7-1500, S7-1200
• Expertise in PLC programming language (IEC61131-3), PLC standard: PLCopen, ISA88, OMAC
• Real world automation project experiences involving Siemens PLCs and HMIs.
• Highly motivated to learn new IT topics, such as Linux, Docker, High level programming.
• You have a bachelor’s degree or above in engineering fields such as computer science, mechanical, electronics, automation engineering, etc.
• You are a life-long learner and are excited to learn new technologies and ways of thinking.
• Good presentation skills.
What else do I need to know (introduction about business)
With the brand SIMATIC, Siemens has one of the world’s leading automation product families, including SCADA, PLC, HMI, IOs any many more. The upcoming Edge technology will bring IT technology to automation level and will change the automation world on a big scale.
SIMATIC System Support delivers internal technical support regarding Factory Automation topics. A team of highly motivated technical consultants covers knowledge across the whole SIMATIC Portfolio.
We are responsible to bring the latest technologies of Factory Automation Business Unit to Siemens engineers. This we do by various knowledge transfer measures and by technical supporting projects of customers.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time