The Test Environments Manager will coordinate test environments for multiple application development groups across the Business Solutions Delivery team.
Change the future with us.
- Develop & implement a process to track test environments, including the creation of a Test Environments calendar which would be updated and maintained on a regular basis.
- Create short-term plans to deliver environments to support sprint-based & waterfall type development.
- Coordinate activities of all relevant stakeholders to setup, configure and align environments across all programmes.
- Responsible for investigation of issues on the environments and supporting issue resolution.
- Ensuring Test data availability to support testing.
- Coordinate activities to automate the setup and configuration of test environments wherever possible.
- Monitor and guarantee uptime of test environments.
- Provide regular and ongoing support for test environments.
- Communicate test environment availability to all programmes and implement regular review meetings.
- Develop KPIs to track efficacy of test environment delivery efforts.
- Resolve conflicts between teams competing for limited testing resources.
- Move test environment activities toward a goal of 100% automation.
- Where required provide estimates for onboarding of new projects to test environments.
- Forecast environment requirements based on anticipated future demand from multiple application development teams
- Work with our vendors to support and improve our current test environments and document an ongoing improvement process.
- Accountable for the on time delivery of all test environments.
- Maintain close working relationships with executive stakeholders for the responsible IT Systems.
- Produce timely and accurate reports to the various programmes regarding progress, issues, risks and conflicts related to all test environments.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with vendor resources and vendor management.
- Lead by example.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Experience of managing test environments on large, high profile projects and multiple programmes of work.
- Good understanding of project management processes to extract dependencies and scheduling risks
- Experience in communicating and managing expectations of diverse stakeholder groups, with excellent communication skills in both written and spoken form.
- Good understanding of risk management, and able to manage project issues and conflicts.
- Good hands on expericnce in test automation in Pega platform
- Ability to communicate effectively with different levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with teams located in different geographical locations.
- Demonstrable experience of Project Management methodologies, tools and the software development life cycles.
- Strong service orientated, collaborative attitude with both peers, internal customers and 3rd party vendors.
- Ability to be flexible with respect to working hours including an ability to adapt styles to varying business practices and cultures
- Ability to produce a complex dependencies schedule which encompasses the ability to juggle projects across limited resources to gain the most efficiency from hardware resources.
- Ability to take a common sense and pragmatic approach, allowing for compromise to successfully achieve end goals.
- Ability to thoroughly understand the business issues surrounding enhancement requests.
- Demonstrable experience of working on multiple large and complex IT projects utilizing a matrixed project team made up of multiple departments, vendors and stakeholders in diverse geographical locations.
- Detailed knowledge of Programme Management methodologies and tools and software development life cycles.
- Outstanding communication skills, customer relationship management skills and strong customer service focus.
- Ability to communicate with and influence Senior, Project and Executive level stakeholders
- Ability to understand the main business issues surrounding each project.
- Superior problem-solving skills.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Bangalore. But you’ll also get to visit other locations in India and globe, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries and the shape of things to come. We’re Siemens. A collection of over 396,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Organization: Global Business Services
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time