Do you want to know how an entire railroad can be translated into numbers? Do you like to contribute to modernizing public transportation systems across North America? Are you an advocate for process alignment who ensures that the job gets done correctly? If so, then we'd love to have you join our team!
In this role, you will work with RAMS Management, Project Management, and our Field Team throughout the entire project lifecycle to define where all of our transponders, switches, and other equipment are situated. We're looking to use your understanding of the data and how it can be applied to automate our systems better - are you up to the challenge?Responsibilities
- Ensure the integrity and correctness of the model built from the input data
- Suggests improvements towards operational performance
- Evaluate the results for safe operations
- Report and present findings to RAMS Management, Project Management, and Customer Representatives as needed.
- BSc. / MSc. in Mathematics, Physics, or related subject area
- Proven understanding of Formal Logic
- Familiarity with Formal Models
- Structured, systematic approach to problems
- Familiarity with Data Cleaning techniques
- Collaboration and leadership skills
- Experience in writing and reviewing technical reports
- French language
- Railroad operational experience
- Experience with safety-critical systems
- Familiarity with Functional Programming Languages and Data Analytics (Power BI, Tableau, RPA, Pivot Tables)
- Working in an international environment
- Customer interaction
This role will start with approximately six months of on-the-job training in Paris, France, and will require frequent collaboration with colleagues overseas. You will then bring that knowledge back to our offices in New York, so get your passport ready!Why you'll love working for Siemens:
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and making a positive impact on the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.