Job Posting Structure
Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers Lab Diagnostics (LD) as a System Engineer 2 in the Systems Engineering organization within R&D Product Design Engineering. The role will be located at the Tarrytown, NY site location of Siemens Healthineers Lab Diagnostics, one of three locations for the Lab Diagnostics Engineering teams. There is very close collaboration with the other two engineering teams located at Newark, DE and Flanders, NJ sites.
The position reports to the Director of Systems Engineering within the Product Design Engineering function of the Global Engineering Organization (GEO). You are willing to travel up to 20%, including travel between other engineering sites (Newark/Glasgow, DE and Flanders, NJ)
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As part of the LD Systems Engineering team, the System Engineer 2 will be responsible for the design space characterization, integration, and verification of the system of complex laboratory instruments for new lab diagnostic development projects.
Responsibilities of Systems Engineer 2:
· Work closely with cross-functional design team members and systems architecture and design subject matter experts to ensure that the full understanding of subsystem/system functionality and performance is developed
· Support the development of systems design concepts to meet clinical chemistry and immunoassay performance requirements
· Develop expertise in the interaction between different elements of detailed design, gain insight to the system design’s emergent behavior and weigh merits of various design concepts against each other
· Support planning and execute experiments to study design feasibility and identify & characterize critical design parameters and their boundaries
· Identify solutions to complex technical issues by troubleshooting, determining root cause, and then proposing design modifications as they pertain to lab diagnostic device system & assay performance
· Provide systems instrument technical guidance and knowledge transfer to internal fleet support and Services teams
· Analyze system & assay performance test data and establish acceptance criteria
· Write, review, and communicate data-driven technical summaries and test reports
· Collaborate with all Design and Commercial Product Engineering teams
· Assure compliance to all design characterization, integration and verification quality procedures and policies of product development.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to develop your career with Healthineers.
Desired skills to have for the success of this role:
- Demonstrated systems and/or design engineering experience in complex electromechanical instrumentation in a new product development environment and/or fleet support.
- Experience with medical device product lifecycle preferred, working knowledge of medical device systems including optics, mechanical, electrical, fluidics and software components.
· Appreciation for the FDA regulated medical device industry
· Skilled in systems thinking with a broad range of knowledge and experience in systems requirements, integration, verification, and validation
· Familiar with modern design methodologies and associated tools.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate on technical teams and deliver results on time to meet project milestones
- Experience working with large cross organizational multidisciplinary teams
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Six Sigma DMAIC/DFSS training
Required skills to have for the success of this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Biomedical/Systems/Chemical /Computer Engineering or related discipline.
· 3+ years working experience as Engineer in new product development and/or integrated hardware/software product design environment
· Strong grasp of engineering fundamentals
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Learning mindset and clear thinker
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date, except where prohibited by state law. Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons. If you choose to submit an accommodation request it should be submitted within 3 business days of receiving a verbal offer. Details on how to submit approval will be provided by your recruiter. An accommodation approval must be confirmed prior to your start date. A start date cannot be confirmed until the accommodation has been reviewed. An accommodation is based on your role. If you are a currently a Siemens Healthineers employee with an existing approved accommodation, it will need to be re-evaluated prior to starting a new role.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.