Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 60,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Corindus Vascular Robotics, Inc. is a global technology leader in robotic-assisted vascular interventions. The company's CorPath® system is the first FDA-cleared medical device to bring robotic-assisted precision to neurovascular, percutaneous coronary and peripheral interventions. Corindus is advancing the field of interventional medicine with robotics through improvements to procedural control, precision, and workflow.
The Sr. Analytical Mechanical Engineer will be a key part of the development team, responsible for the successful design and development of the next generation product. You will develop the electromechanical systems of the next generation robotic platform that will change the future of healthcare. You are able to apply advanced analytical and problem-solving methodologies including mathematical modeling and simulations to design, development, and optimization of the state-of-the-art complex mechanical systems. You are also experienced in mechanical engineering design principles of capital equipment and modeling such systems using statics, dynamics, kinematics, and vibration analyses in different phases of product life cycle. You must be highly proficient with current development tools, software, practices, and processes. Ideal candidates have contributed to the design and developed of complex medical systems from initiation to manufacturing transfer.
- Apply advanced analytical methodologies including mathematical/numerical modeling and simulations to design, development and optimization of state-of-the-art mechanical systems
- Utilize mechanical engineering design principles of capital equipment and mechanisms combined with application of static, dynamic, kinematic, and vibration analyses
- Design and develop mechanical sub-systems including concepts generation, CAD design, analyses, documentation, verification, and Design for Manufacturing & Assembly, and Design for Reliability for current and new products
- Participate in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including design, development, prototyping, assembling, characterization/testing, and verification
- Provide advanced modeling knowledge and technical guidance to the development team
- Implement best practices in design methodologies, development processes, and tools
- Participate in hands-on activities including prototyping, and engineering tests
- Participate in generation of new concepts and creating patents
- PhD in mechanical engineering or closely related fields (MSc. will also be considered)
- Outstanding academic background is required
- Minimum of 3 years of product development experience (mechanical-machine design), in particular in medical robotics, required
- Programming skills and experience using
analytical and simulation tools including:
- MATLAB, Simulink, Simscape, SolidWorks CAD modeling, SolidWorks SIM and SolidWorks Motion Analysis
- FEA analysis (e.g, ANSYS), Tolerance, and Statistical analysis tools
- LabVIEW, experience with sensors and DAQ systems
- Experience with motion control, and applied control theories are highly desired
- Strong communication skills required
- Ability to travel up to 10% is required
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date except where prohibited by law.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities. (use your country EEO required language where applicable)
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Corindus, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.