As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
· Lead and contribute technically to
the architecture and implementation of DevOps analytics
• Technically mentor and collaborate with a team of highly skilled software engineers.
• Work with the team to break down features into testable epics, stories, and tasks with estimates.
• Interface with domain experts, technologists, product managers, developers, engineering program managers, Engineering Operations, and customer-facing teams
• Contribute to enhancing the team skills by guiding good software engineering patterns, DevOps, and MLops practices.
• Leverage core engineering principles combined with Software Development to realize engineering and design automation software solutions.
• Normalise and provide relational data to support engineering knowledge and data capture; formulate and programmatically represent complex mathematical models that capture engineering knowledge and rules.
• Develop maps and data pipelines using modern cloud-based technologies
• At least 3-5 years of experience building and maintaining AZURE/AWS infrastructure (VPC, EC2, Security Groups, IAM, ECS, code deploy, Cloud Front, S3 buckets, Lambda functions etc.)
• Strong understanding of how to secure AZURE/AWS environments and meet compliance requirements
• Having AZURE/AWS associated certifications will be an added advantage.
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, GitHub, Jenkins and deploying applications on AZURE/AWS
• Work in a flexible, cross-functional, team-based development environment that is comprised of both local Siemens Engineers and 3rd party consultants/contractors
• Contribute to overall AI strategy and handle other duties as assigned by the Product Owner/Technology Manager
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
We're looking for someone with experience developing innovative, high-quality products and toolsets for intelligent condition monitoring/ Industrial AI, serving as a technical mentor and coach for members of an agile team delivering analytics, and leading digital transformations in a cloud-native DevOps environment. Skills in the cloud and micro-service architecture are necessary, coupled with real product deployments requiring large scale, extensibility, and performance. You must have :
• BSc/B.Tech /B.E (or equivalent work experience) in Computer Science, Data Science, Computer / Electrical /Software / Systems / Mechanical Engineering, Operations Research, Applied Math/ Physics, or other STEM field
• Advanced degrees (e.g., MSc, M.Tech, or PhD) are appreciated but are not a deal-breaker.
• 5-8+ years working in the software development arena
• 4-5+ years leading and driving the architecture of R&D projects that are on-cloud and/or on-prem (preferably both) with high availability, scale, and performance criteria
• A blend of technical expertise and soft skills; good listener with effective & flexible communications in English
Core Competencies and Demonstrated Success – You should have most of these:
• Prior product/platform development experience in a higher-level language, e.g., Python, R, Java, etc.
• Architectural experience: ensuring scale, extensibility, security, performance, reliability, and usability
• AWS / Azure, Kubernetes / Docker, Postgres, neo4j.
• Cloud-Native observability and analysis technologies and open standards
• Experience with SQL and MongoDB, NoSQL database design and development.
Technical experience: should ideally include
• Advanced analytics features using statistical techniques and machine learning, e.g., Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Application Performance Monitoring (APM), and Predictive Maintenance.
• Experience with the development and deployment of analytic products and/or platforms
• Experience evaluating open-source components and emerging technologies, considering functional and architectural qualities, then documenting & defending recommendations on best options (make/buy/partner decisions)
• Experience in working with Agile methodology & in developing distributed systems
• Experience with the project management tools, source/version control such as Team Foundation Server, leankit, JIRA and GIT
Note: Although this is primarily a software architecture role, and prior software development experience is important. We are interested in how you think about analyzing and solving a problem, how you learn, how you lead, how adaptable you are and how our team can learn from you! However, if you have a public GitHub or other repository with examples of your past work, please share the link.
Pluses - It will be great if you also have knowledge or experience with one or more of these:
• Real-time analytics: receiving and analyzing streaming data from distributed devices or applications (not just processing data at rest)
• Applying analytical techniques to code and data in software engineering repositories to enhance the user experience for developers and testers (e.g., anomaly prediction, test case selection/prioritisation, intelligent auto-complete)
• History of open-source contributions and/or volunteering on professional committee
Good To Have Skills
• Working knowledge of battery systems, battery engineering and basic electrical engineering concepts related to energy storage.
• Track record of conference or customer presentations, teaching, publications, and/or patents
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurugram. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time