Threat Detection Specialist – Application Monitoring (m/f/d)
As a Threat Detection Specialist for Application Security Monitoring, you will join a highly motivated, global, and open team in the Siemens Cyber Defense Center (CDC) that provides a company-wide Threat Detection service with multiple 100,000 connected assets. You’ll play a key role to implement and continuously enhance detection for the most critical applications and environments in Siemens, which require significantly extended detection compared to standard assets.
What are my responsibilities?
- Collaborate with different defense teams (like Security Analysts, Threat Hunting, Incident Response, Data Science, SecDevOps, Threat Intelligence etc) to create high quality Threat Detection for IT applications and application logs
- Identify and onboard relevant log sources and detection components
- Tune detection and automate workflows to improve efficiency
- Stay up to date with the latest attack and detection techniques to continuously enhance detection
- Support strategic service planning to ensure the best-suiting detection technologies and solutions are in place
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Solid and proven knowledge in creating threat detection, especially for highly critical applications and environments
- Experience with related threat detection and analysis technology (like SIEMs, SOAR solutions, EDRs etc)
- Experience with log source onboarding and definition (optimally including Grok)
- Experience with at least one common programming languages like Python or Java
- University degree (or equivalent experience) in computer science, IT security, or related fields
What do we offer?
- A flexible way of working: Smartworking; Hybrid concept + flexible working hours.
- Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the entrepreneurial spirit are rewarded;
- An environment where curiosity is highly appreciated and where we guarantee a continuous training;
- Shareholding plans for the employee;
- Benefits like meal allowance, flexible compensation plans, family care, and many more!
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experience makes us more competitive and better able to respond successfully to society's demands. That's why we value candidates who reflect the diversity we enjoy in our company.
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time