Senior Solution Engineer
Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as Senior Solution Engineer to work with Manufacturing, Procurement, Suppliers, Service, and Quality to come up with novel and inventive solutions for cost effective mechanical subsystems and assemblies.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Senior Solution
Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Working with multiple functions to develop quality, manufacturable, testable, and lowest cost electro-mechanical designs.
- Conceptualize and design solutions for sample handling subsystems
- Produce detailed drawings utilizing GD&T and engineering best practices
- Drive Engineering excellence by executing and participating in Siemens Center of Excellence activities and Design to Shelf initiatives (DFSS, Set Based Design, Logical Decision making, Creating Knowledge briefs, etc…).
- Supports cross-functional teams in a collaborative environment
- Work with Suppliers to address technical issues with designs.
- Drive Engineering changes through the Siemens design change process (CRB).
- Participates in preparing prototypes for testing and provides technical assistance on design feasibility
- Perform detailed engineering analysis of new and existing designs to verify robustness and design intent.
- Conducts drafting and design reviews with a cross functional team.
- Perform Work Package Team Lead activities by championing and driving design changes from inception through release, managing resources and schedule, while ensuring robust design through diligent engineering oversight.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
• You are proficient at using 3D CAD software (preferably NX) to develop designs utilizing proper design intent.
• You have prior experience utilizing GD&T
• You have experience with facilitating or participated in FMEA and DFMA activities
• You are proficient with Microsoft Office Applications (Word,
PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (master’s degree a plus)
- 5-8 years of industry experience in product design, development, and manufacturing with technical background in mechanical assemblies that are related to motion control and structures
- Experience with motion control systems (mechatronics background a plus).
- Experience working with suppliers of sheet metal, machined, and molded mechanical parts to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Support and/or drive troubleshooting and root cause investigations for issues found identified
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong GD&T skills and ability to perform tolerance stack-ups on complex assemblies.
- Proficiency with ASME Y14.5 standards
- 2-5 years working in an FDA-regulated environment a plus
- FEA and CFD software experience a plus
- Travel: 10-20%
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date, except where prohibited by state law. Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons. If you choose to submit an accommodation request it should be submitted within 3 business days of receiving a verbal offer. Details on how to submit approval will be provided by your recruiter. An accommodation approval must be confirmed prior to your start date. A start date cannot be confirmed until the accommodation has been reviewed. An accommodation is based on your role. If you are a currently a Siemens Healthineers employee with an existing approved accommodation, it will need to be re-evaluated prior to starting a new role.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.