Technical Support Engineer – Magnetic Resonance
We have a great opportunity for a Technical Support Engineer to join our friendly and collaborative customer services group. This role is within our Service Lifecycle Management team which is responsible for supporting the CS service strategy and helping our global customers with technical support. If you have a practical mechanical engineering background, good IT and analytical skills, we would love to hear from you.
You could presently be a Service or Maintenance Engineer, Product Support Engineer, Project Engineer or recently graduated Engineer.
Siemens Healthineers is the global market leader in the supply of both wet and dry MRI systems. The majority of these MRI systems are designed and manufactured at our Magnet Headquarters site in Oxford, England.
If you were in this role today, you will be involved in varying activities including:
- Design for service: Working with our R&D and design teams to influence future magnet design to support serviceability requirements.
- Validation and testing of new spare parts: Working in our test lab to trial and validate new parts and processes prior to approval for use.
- Magnet and component monitoring: Working with our Quality team and supply chain to resolve potential field issues and drive improvements.
- Technical Documentation: Another aspect of the role is to support the Magnet Headquarter Support Centre (MHSC) and the Regional Units, with technical documentation and product knowledge.
- Online system performance monitoring: Helping drive our strategy from ‘Onsite to Online’. Meaning that, as a team we become more ‘Proactive’ rather than ‘Reactive’ to issues in the field, minimising the MRI Customer downtime. Remotely monitoring system performance and analysing trends. Collaborating with our regional service teams regarding system issues.
If you have a mechanical or technical background, have excellent communication and IT skills, and wish to be challenged on a day-to-day basis, please contact us at Siemens Healthineers. The role offers an excellent work life balance with the opportunity to operate within a hybrid home / office environment. We offer excellent benefits including an annual bonus, 26 days holiday with the additional UK Bank Holidays, with the option to buy or sell an additional 5 days per annum. The package is further enhanced with BUPA medical insurance, an on-site gym, a subsidised restaurant, and an attractive pension scheme.
Comprehensive training will be provided to support you with your personal development and the opportunity to develop your career within Siemens Healthineers.
For full details and to apply for this Magnetic Resonance Technical Support Engineer job in Oxfordshire, please get in touch today.
Siemens Healthineers enables healthcare providers worldwide to increase value by empowering them on their journey towards expanding precision medicine, transforming care delivery, improving patient experience, and digitalising healthcare. We embrace and encourage different viewpoints, backgrounds, experiences and encourage our employees to be themselves and empower them to unleash their true potential. This allows diverse ideas and inclusive approaches to thrive every day.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens HC Ltd. MR Magnet Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time