The candidate, as part of the firmware team, will design and develop embedded software and unit tests, review process and design documents, and perform code reviews for automation products. The Firmware Engineer works primarily on Functional Safety projects in the Research & Development organization reporting to the Functional Safety Project Manager.
- Perform complex embedded software design and development tasks.
- Design subsystems.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Participate in code reviews of all code.
- Design and implement unit tests with full path coverage.
- Understand standards, specifications, and other documents to implement assigned tasks.
- Complete the preparation of reports and analysis of technical issues.
- Work independently to resolve technical issues.
- Implement quality and process improvements.
- Ability to participate and adhere to project schedules and requirements.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering is preferred / BS/MS in Computer Science with demonstrated digital hardware design knowledge is acceptable.
- 3-5 years in embedded software development.
- Proficiency in the C++ programming language and object-oriented design methodology.
- Able to understand hardware / software interfaces.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills.
- 5% domestic and international travel.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Basic knowledge of PROFINet is a plus.
- Familiarity with Automation engineering systems like Siemens TIA Portal - including Fundamental LAD and SCL language programming.
- Able to proficiently operate typical electronic measurement and analysis lab equipment (for example, oscilloscope, meters, analyzers, power supplies).
- Ability to understand schematics.
- An understanding and adherence to practices defined in IEC 61508 and ISO 13849 is a plus.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.