Siemens eMobility® solutions is shaping the market with innovative EV charging technologies. We are dedicated to driving an open and accessible market for electric vehicles, as well as planning and implementing secure grid connections to enable further growth of EV adoption. .
Interested in technology that advances our communities and enables a cleaner, more efficient environment? Interested in gaining exposure to developing the systems and smart solutions that keep cities growing, businesses flourishing and people safe? Start your career with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
Here at Siemen eMobility solutions, we are transforming the everyday through our inclusive and rewarding work environment. Come be a part of our growing eMobility team, where you can build and implement new products, technologies, and applications!
Embedded Software Engineer - Embedded software development in C, python for Level 2 AC Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment
- Application development on embedded linux platform for Cortex Arm A8 microprocessor
- Perform continuous software improvement via bug fixing and implementing new features to support market needs
- Embedded Software Engineer will report to R&D manger, AC EVSE, Future Grid.
- Develop software solutions following SDLC: creating requirements documentation, researching the information and data flow and processes, and identifying problem areas.
- Create and direct documentation, sequence diagrams, and architecture layout for existing software implementation to facilitate future design.
- Analyze key implementation areas and recommend changes for embedded applications
- Develop Open Source Clearance certification strategy and attain clearance.
- Improve procedures for SDLC and CI/CD pipelines.
- Implement WebApi, Websocket APIs for cloud client.
- Develop OCPP client software to comply with OCPP 1.6 and OCPP nG
- Create and Update low level drivers for various communication platforms during embedded software development.
- Develop application to interface with WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, Cellular modems
- Add/modify Python Open Source Packages.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience with Operating Systems such as Embedded Linux, Unix/Linux, Yocto Custom Linux Distros, VxWorks, Windows.
- At least 2-3 years experienced in Technologies such as DOCSIS, HDMI, TCP/IP, IPv6, MPEG, SNMP, TR-069, Ethernet, WiFi.
- At least 2-3 experience in Collaboration Tools, source control tools such as Agile, Git, Jira, Jenkins, Clearcase, CVS.
- At least 2-3 experience in working with Django server, patching rootfs etc.
- Working knowledge of GNU Toolchain, STL, MFC Libraries, object-oriented technologies (UML).
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor or Masters in computer science or related field with 5-7 yrs of experience in embedded software development.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, specifically EV charging solutions is highly desired.
- Experience in Application development in C, Python for AM335X embedded platform.
- Embedded firmware development experience in 8, 16 and 32 bit microprocessor
- Experience in developing code for STM32 processors is highly desirable.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you! Apply today and learn how you can be a part of the Siemens family.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.