- As a member of the Meshing team, you will be expected to create and improve serial and parallel meshing algorithms.
- We will help you achieve your goals by surrounding you with smart, engaged colleagues from around the world that generously share their time to help you learn STAR-CCM+, the discipline of creating high quality software, and improve your understanding of the fascinating and challenging problems our customers work with us to solve.
- The largest group of meshing developers work from the Austin, Texas office. However, we are open to work from many locations in the U.S. and Europe, with remote work a supported option
- Working with product managers, application specialists, and fellow developers to understand the requirements of our present (and future) internal and external customers
- Designing and implementing software solutions in support of those customers in the area of meshing
- Testing and fixing code written by you (and sometimes others)
- Reviewing code written by other developers within your team
- Writing automated tests to ensure code reliability and prevent regressions
- PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Visualization or a related discipline. MS/BS degree with significant meshing experience also considered.
- Expertise in implementing cohesive, well-structured, object-oriented, C++ code
- Experience developing surface and volume meshing algorithms
- Experience with designing/implementing distributed memory parallel algorithms (I.e., mpi)
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical issues to both colleagues and stakeholders outside of the team
- Developing software in a commercial environment
- Understanding of CAE software packages
- Developing CAE software
- Experience with octree-based meshing techniques
- Use of multi-team, collaborative software development including source control, collaborative design, and code review
- Knowledge of Agile software development
- Knowledge of JSON file format creation and usage
- Experience with scripting languages like python or Linux shell scripting
- Knowledge of shared memory parallel computing (multi-threaded computing), e.g. OpenMP
- Developing software on both Linux and Windows
- Understanding of 3D-CAD modeling concepts such as NURBS and B-Splines
- Engineering simulation software experience
- Using meshing packages
- You’ll be working with smart, engaged colleagues from around the world to solve our customers’ most challenging problems in a diverse array of applications
- You’ll have fun creating innovative solutions through your day-to-day work and focused innovation events, such as hackathons
- You’ll be exposed to and learn about fast evolving technologies, such as digital twin and machine learning
- You’ll have a voice in improving our products and processes
- You’ll have opportunities to learn, grow, and advance your career in a company that offers an expansive array of job opportunities
- We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer a competitive benefit/reward package, employee discounts, etc.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.