Multiple Engineering positions available for Commercial Building Automation OR Commercial Fire/Life Safety. These roles can be based anywhere in the state of California and are remote.
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2021
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve peoples’ lives. This position provides engineering expertise for small projects team by creating unique design solutions to meet specific customer requirements for commercial building automation or fire/life safety systems. The right candidate will make recommendations for productivity improvements and cost reductions to increase customer satisfaction and job profitability.
- Attend pre-booking meetings to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope. Analyze plans, specifications, and contract details to determine system requirements. Select products and determine appropriate placement to meet specifications.
For Building Automation:
- Design small or medium sized building automation systems consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bills of materials, sequences of operations, valve and damper schedules, and DDC panel layouts to meet the intent of project plans, specifications, and contract documents.
- Design network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels, and third-party integration devices connected through Ethernet, Siemens P2, Modbus or BACNET.
For Fire/Life Safety:
- Design fire alarm systems for buildings, including floorplan drawings for system device locations, riser diagrams, device wiring details, panel mounting and wiring details, bills of materials, and sequences of operations to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications, and contract documents.
- Provide general electrical calculations, including battery calculations, voltage drop calculations, conduit fills, power supply sizing, etc.
For either role:
- Create automation system databases and job-related programming for computer-based building control systems. Establish special calibration instructions on selected equipment. Oversee the creation of system graphics. Troubleshoot issues, including identifying and debugging software, and diagnosing electrical or pneumatic installation problems.
- Organize and maintain job documentation. Prepare engineering re-estimate reports.
- Provide on-site assistance with or perform programming, start-up, checkout, commissioning, and validation processes. Participate in job site final walk-through, complete all job closeout documentation, and provide customer training.
- Act as technical resource to customers and field employees.
- Coordinate work with subcontractors.
- Manage small to medium size projects. Develop and maintain project schedules and ensure projects proceed according to plans, job specifications, and cost estimates
- Guide and support the team on planning and managing construction projects through completion.
- Reside as systems technical expert
- This position supports a Siemens customer that requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience in systems design of building automation control and commercial HVAC equipment OR Fire/Life Safety preferred; 5+ years preferred
- Experience utilizing Siemens systems and product lines preferred, 3+ years preferred for Level II
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Project management and delivery experience, 3+ years preferred for Level II.
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals, HVAC, mechanical systems, business operations, and job financial reports required (For Building Automation)
- Knowledge of commercial Fire Alarm/Fire & Life Safety systems required. Knowledge of the following fire alarm system components: fire alarm panels, strobe booster panels, spot detectors (smoke, heat, carbon monoxide), duct-mounted smoke detectors, projected beam smoke detectors, aspirating smoke detectors (VESDA), monitor modules, relay modules (form A and form C), manual pull stations, notification devices (speaker/strobes, horn/strobes, strobes, bells), Class A/Class B/Class X circuits, state and local fire codes, and NFPA 72 national fire code (For Fire roles)
- Able to read/interpret electrical circuit diagrams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.