Rail systems must do one thing above all: run. With modern maintenance solutions – from diagnostics to data-based action recommendations, from quick delivery of replacement parts to strategically planned modernization – we ensure your systems' highest reliability and availability: 100% Railability.
Good service means that we are there for our partners and customers when they need us – and even beyond. That is because we define ourselves by what we do. Every day, every hour, every minute. We help our customers move the world.
The Technical Specialist position will assist customer personnel with the troubleshooting, repair, and service activities of our SIEMENS Traction Inverters used by BNSF. You will interact with the operational, engineering, and departments for the safe, cost-effective, and efficient operations of our equipment for the railroad. This position will work with the Western Regional Service Manager and focus on:
- Ensuring technical and material support to the customer & our Traction Inverters.
- Providing a positive customer service experience.
- Setting a safe work environment and proactively professionally supporting our customers is crucial to the job.
- Ensure the provision of high-quality technical advice to the customer's maintenance workforce to enhance equipment reliability of their Siemens Inverter operated fleet.
- Identify Non-conformance issues and improvement recommendations while ensuring electricians perform work safely when working inside Siemen's inverters.
- Assist BNSF and AKRR electricians & staff in solving inverter problems, ensuring they perform the correct diagnostic tests and are appropriately repaired.
- Maintain an accurate database to record locomotive histories, parts replaced, and work performed.
- Providing remote (phone) technical support & troubleshooting assistance to other BNSF locomotive shops is required.
- Test circuit boards and make repairs if possible.
- Work with BNSF Material Dept. to maintain and track their material stock in-house and outside locations.
- Associate degree in an engineering field or a minimum of 5 or more years of experience working in an industrial or maintenance environment.
- Knowledge of the supervised workgroup's fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures (s).
- Must possess proven skills with all Microsoft Office (including Excel/Word/Access/PowerPoint) products.
- Candidates with experience with traction inverters, rolling stock (railroad) maintenance, commissioning, or other rail-related experience will be preferred.
- Knowledge of Railroad Regulatory, FRA requirements, and guidelines.
- Ability to travel 10%
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and making a positive impact on the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.