"Siemens Smart Infrastructure" - Grid Software; SI GSW Turkey is mainly focused on Development and Execution of Software Solutions for Energy Automation Smart Grid Products. As being an integral part of Siemens Grid Software Turkey, Grid Control Engineering group is mainly focused on Software Solution & Implementation of Grid Control segment product. To accomplish the mission of the group, the candidate will perform as a GIS Software Engineer in ODTÜ Teknokent Ankara office for projects in Grid Software Area.
What are my responsibilities?
· Performing Software Development activities about GIS of electrical domain
· Performing Technical Project Management on SCADA/DMS/OMS/IT Integration Projects (planning of work package according to technical requirements, deadlines; regular monitoring; acts as technical representative in meetings with end-customers or for projects
· Understand the prospect customer’s needs and problems and arrange necessary actions to create the appropriate solutions
· Communicate with customers in a professional, efficient, pleasant and helpful manner
· Provide technical support for Siemens Grid Control Systems
· Document all customer interactions
· Redirect problems to appropriate R&D if it is needed
· Extracting relevant information from the gathered geospatial data and applying analytical methods to solve real life problems
· Gathering, analyzing, and storing geospatial data according to the clients' requirements
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or similar fields
· Solid know-how or experience on Distribution Networks, Power System Analysis
· Solid know-how or experience on Oracle and PL/SQL, MS SQL, SQLite,PostGIS
· Solid know-how or experience on Designing GIS Database and Spatial Queries
· Solid know-how or experience on GIS Engines: ESRI, Geoserver, MapInfo
· Know-how or experience on IT Integration (SCADA/DMS-GIS systems) and Delta Management
· SW development know-how and/or experience on C++ Programming and Java Programming
· Intermediate level knowledge and experience on OOP concepts and Data Structures
· Basic know-how or experience on Service Oriented Architecture concept
· Basic know-how on Linux or Solaris Operating systems
· Willingness to work with legacy codebase is a plus
· Openlayers, DeckGL and/or Leaflet knowhow is a plus
· Proficiency with database programming languages such as SQL, R or Python,
· Geo-processing techniques, spatial tools, cartographic elements, GIS planning and system development (knowledge of Python scripting preferred) Interface with non-spatial data using SQL (via stored procedures, ETL, SSIS, SSRS, etc.)
· .Net Framework knowhow is a plus
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Professional Working Proficiency in English is a must and German is a plus
What else do I need to know?
· No restrictions for travelling
“At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds“
As Siemens, we believe physical barriers are not related to potential. Only the potential matters to us. Therefore, we look forward to receive applications of candidates with physical barriers and chronic illnesses. We support healthy relationships between candidates with barriers and their colleagues because we believe we can create differences together.
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuating diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of you ability as we will use the data to review your suitability to the role.
Please find more information from our web site:
If you need more information please don't hesitate to contact us.
+90 216 459 20 00
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S. ODTU Teknokent Bölge Subesi
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time