The Shipping Supervisor will direct the safe and timely completion of daily packaging and delivery activities by leading a shipping and material handling team. This position is also responsible for leading process continual improvements to meet department goals, quality, and cost objectives within the Shop Floor Management (SFM) framework.
Who we are | Our Culture
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities
**Some weekend work is required of this person; Saturday 1:00-5:00pm**
What you will do:
The Shipping Supervisor leads the day-to-day functions including safely executing the shipping plan to meet quality standards and delivery times. The supervisor is the main contact for problem solving and continuous improvement activities to be implemented on the shop floor and in training and coaching of associates as needed.
Also responsible for:
• Supervising 4 Shipping departments of hourly associates, approximately 45 employees
• Monitoring work hours, manpower, work assignments including test dates and expediting material.
• Releasing, rescheduling and closing of process work orders including traceability.
• Providing leadership and motivation to hourly team members to generate ideas and implement solutions.
• Providing regular performance feedback to hourly team members.
• Executing promotional recommendations as well as disciplinary actions as required.
• Provides resource needs and suggests justification to their manager.
• Troubleshoots and resolves semi-complex problems
• Collaborating with the Production, Project Management, and Logistics departments as necessary to ensure safe, effective operations.
• Communicating with team and other functions to solve problems in a standardized way.
• Continual monitoring and auditing of standardized work processes and documenting deviations for issue resolution or escalation.
• Providing leadership and technical support to team members.
• Ensuring all procedures and processes are followed when packaging and delivering products.
• Identifying and eliminating waste using Siemens Production System methods.
• Leading daily Gemba Meetings to communicate status, problems, escalations, and recovery plans.
• Ensuring safe work area.
• May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
What you will need:
• Minimum of (5) five years leading a shipping or logistics department or equivalent supervisory experience.
• Demonstrates understanding and application of supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action.
• Experience leading small teams and/or projects.
• Experience with SPS/Lean Manufacturing techniques.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong organizational and planning skills.
• Ability to work overtime and flexible hours.
• Computer skills required including Microsoft Office and ability to learn SAP.
What will set you ahead of the pack:
• Bachelor Degree in Operations Management Logistics and Transportation preferred, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered.
• Supervisory or leadership experience.
• Six Sigma Project experience.
• SAP with WMS experience.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and flexible PTO.
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.