Siemens Mobility Canada is an authority in seamless, sustainable, reliable, and secure transport solutions with more than 160 years of proven success. With our recent acquisition of RailTerm, we are growing our team and hiring a Signals Maintainer. RailTerm was a North American corporation that provided rail operation services, including dispatching, track and signal maintenance, and intermodal terminal management. We also offer signals, communications, and software systems and licenses the TrainMaster Rail Traffic Control (RTC) software to independent railroads.
Are you concerned about safety, enjoy outdoor work, have an interest in electronics & are looking to get your foot in the door to a career within the rail industry? If so, we'd love to have you join our team!The Opportunity:
As part of the engineering group and collaborating with the Manager, Signals & Communications Maintenance, the Projects Signal Maintainer is responsible for supporting the signal maintenance group performing all vital inspections, tests, and maintenance on railroad signals and communications equipment. This position focuses on the Waterloo area, and schedules may include days, evenings, and night shifts.Key Responsibilities and Functions:
- Perform a wide range of signal maintenance duties to support the signal maintenance group (supporting capital projects, replacing for vacations, helping with regular maintenance, assisting on special projects or construction projects, etc.)
- Test and verify the proper operation of signals & communications systems and equipment in an assigned territory;
- Investigate and locate problems or failures and take the proper corrective action;
- Perform a variety of maintenance work vital to keep the equipment running as intended at all times;
- Replace defective or used wires, gate parts, switch machines, CTC control cabinets, and all ancillary work;
- Operate on-track and highway vehicles;
- Ensure proper documentation and reporting of the required information.
- Proven experience in a related field is a must
- Post-secondary education in electronics, railroad signals certification, or equivalent experience
- Climb ladders and work at elevated heights
- Read and comprehend drawings and specifications
- Perform basic arithmetic operations
- Understand, interpret and record technical and non-technical information
- Safety minded work ethic
- Ability to perform a wide range of physical labor (including lifting and displacing approximately 60 lbs)
- Valid driver's license of "G" classification (Ontario) or "5" (Quebec) or higher.
- A workplace where safety is the priority;
- A full-time and permanent opportunity;
- Competitive wages;
- An incentive compensation program;
- Generous group Insurance coverage;
- A retirement plan with employer contribution;
- Other advantages such as paid prescription safety eyewear!
Note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Following the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, RailTerm will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection, and assessment process. Please advise the recruiter of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.