The Application Support Engineer is responsible for ensuring the technical success or our customers in their use of Simcenter software. This role involves supporting primarily Simcenter STAR-CCM+ CFD, with the possibility to spend a minority of time supporting another Simcenter product. Working closely with customers to understand their engineering workflow, the Application Support Engineer proposes solutions and standard methodologies to help the client meet their objectives as well as improve their processes. The role includes delivering classroom training, mentoring, and providing direct customer support. The position works closely with the sales organization to discover opportunities to grow software usage within accounts and engage the customer to realize that growth.
Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to work with clients are critical to success in this fast-paced and broad engineering role. If you are creative, entrepreneurial, and possess excellent interpersonal skills, we would like to hear from you.Responsibilities:
- Act as primary point of contact to assigned set of accounts for all technical issues related to their use of Simcenter STAR-CCM+. Identify problems and take ownership for successful resolution of issues
- Facilitate the sales process in developing account intelligence, pursuing opportunities for growth of software usage, and assisting in software deployment
- Conduct training on introductory and advanced topics in Simcenter STAR-CCM+
- Conduct technical discussions with customers to collect and understand simulation requirements, propose solutions, and explain benefits of our approach
- Perform benchmark simulations and test cases to explore new methods, define standard methodologies, and verify results
- Create Knowledge Base Articles for the customer portal
- Work on multiple projects and support engagements simultaneously
- Collaborate with product management and industry teams to provide guidance on future product direction Communicate and demonstrate new software capabilities to customers
- Perform proficiently all aspects of CFD technology: software installation, licensing, HPC cluster configuration, CAD handling, meshing, solving, complex physics modelling, post-processing, coupling to other codes
- Advocate new modelling techniques and features introduced in Simcenter STAR-CCM+ releases. Investigate new application areas and build new simulation examples.
- B.S, MS. or Ph.D. in Aerospace, Mechanical, or related field with focus on computational methods and fluid dynamics
- Successful application of CFD methods to meet real world goals in research or design
- Ability to learn new skills and adapt to customer application needs
- Excellent communication, organization, time management, and presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
- Experience with CFD simulation applications such as internal/external flows, transonic/supersonic flows, conjugate heat transfer, turbulence modeling, or multiphase applications
- Familiarity with meshing complex geometries, transient analysis, and simulation post-processing
- Experience with Simcenter STAR-CCM+ or other commercial CFD (Fluent, CFX) tools
- Working knowledge of common design processes, objectives, and constraints for industrial applications
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- This position will be subject to U.S. export control requirements under ITAR and EAR.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.