Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational, and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Senior Software Engineer in our Hoffman Estates, IL development team.
This is a role well
suited to an ambitious professional looking for the next step in their career.
As a Senior Software Engineer in our Embedded Systems team, you will be
- Taking a lead role in the design and development of safety critical motion control subsystem and preparing Embedded Systems SW (ES) for release.
- Support and enhance system ability to predict/detect collisions and safeguard patient and operator safety.
- Support and enhance user input to easily setup and execute scan planning at the SPECT Medical Imaging System
- Support and enhance operational sequences on the SPECT Medical Imaging such as power distribution sequences, patient bed reconfiguration sequences, and system ‘homing’.
- Performing ES design activities including, but not limited to, requirements definition, architecture, sub-system level design & documentation, coding, testing, and support of product in the field.
- Coordinating, managing, and tracking project work breakdown, development activities, sustaining backlog, team objectives, and defects via Azure DevOps Server (formerly TFS) and Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Investigate manufacturing and field reported non-conformities through troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
This position may suit you best
if you have the following attributes:
- Strong SW design skills using C, C++, C# and Python
- Excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills including maintaining thorough and accurate engineering documentation required for medical devices and the ability to effectively communicate to all levels of engineering and management.
- Solid knowledge of underlying HW component interface and control, including ARM processors, Linux and RT OS basics, Hardware drivers, motor control, SPI, I2C, UART and CAN bus communication, and the ability to define and implement interface protocols to other sub-systems
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to work with cross-functional internal and external teammates in the mechanical, software, quality, manufacturing, supply chain, and service organizations.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented to produce high quality results in a timely fashion.
- Familiarity with product development practices in a highly regulated environment.
- Experience with MATLAB Motor Control Blockset and Simulink.
- Experience with Field Oriented Control Algorithm and Motor Tuning.
Requirements for success in this role:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent discipline required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the design and development of customized embedded systems. Medical industry experience a plus.
- Proven track record of contribution to multiple products, projects, and processes taken from concept to fruition.
- SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) or other Agile development methodology experience a plus.
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full vaccination for OVID-19 vaccinations for all new hires by their start date, except where prohibited by state law.
(Note: Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons)
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.