Yunex Traffic, a Siemens Business, is at the forefront of a technological revolution in Intelligent Traffic Systems. As cities and states begin to plan for and implement autonomous, electric, connected, and shared ITS infrastructure, they are also looking at ways to handle existing infrastructure, including highways, city streets, tunnels, and pedestrian crossings that continue to be hotspots for congestion.
Yunex Traffic works with engineering consultants, transportation systems operators, traffic management centers, emergency support personnel, and city planners to help handle existing traffic infrastructure. We make agencies smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is digital, connected, and coordinated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central, Adaptive Control, and Sophisticated Traffic Management System (ATMS).
As a DevOps and Release Engineer, you will be responsible for crafting the future of mobility by joining an R&D team in the domain of Central Traffic Applications and Systems that support our nation’s infrastructure. These customer-facing products work well with road devices (traffic controllers, V2X devices, CCTV, variable message signs, etc.) and allow monitoring and response to individual situations, including congestion, incidents such as accidents or bad weather, special events such as concerts, and so on. Central systems are deployed in the cloud, on-premise, or as a hybrid to supervise and optimize traffic flow in the US and Canada.
You will be responsible for the value delivery of multiple teams and align closely with their respective DevOps engineers and scrum masters as a servant leader and mentor, facilitating processes and execution on the agile release train.
You will have the opportunity to build your skills and gain experience in the mobility domain while developing innovative software, giving to the safety of drivers, pedestrians, and cyclists while improving travel times and reducing emissions all over the country!Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of CI/CD pipelines, QA staging systems, and drive product/feature releases
- Plan and implement program increments (PIs) ensuring team synchronization and continuous delivery
- Synthesize a Vision, a Roadmap, and Program Backlogs based on a constant exploration process
- Assist in supervising the execution of features and capabilities across the system by helping to identify and handle risks and dependencies – identify and advance impediments as needed
- Facilitate periodic synchronization events, including the Scrum of Scrums or ART sync with economic decision-making by facilitating feature and capability estimation by teams
- Optimize the flow of value through the ART, mentoring teams in agile practices and attitudes
- Improve the flow through value streams by improving DevOps and Release on Demand practices in the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Understand and operate within Lean Budgets and ensure alignment to Guardrails
- Facilitate System Demos and drive steadfast improvement via Inspect and Adapt workshops
- Foster Communities of Practice and the use of standard methodologies in engineering and quality
- BS in Computer Science or a comparable STEM background
- 5+ years of proven experience and impact developing customer-facing SW in a team setting
- 2+ years of verifiable experience and understanding of DevOps pipelines and CI/CD
- Knowledge of agile methods, requirements engineering, SW architecture, design patterns, embedded software specifics, test-driven development, integration, and system testing
- Validated multitasking ability to work both independently as well as in a team setting
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving, planning, and abstract thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail, proactively driving assignments and tracking tasks
- Creative thinking and innovation skills to define innovative approaches to issues
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose
- All employees receive life insurance, short, and long-term disability coverage
- 401k with 6% company matching
- Education reimbursement programs available
- Extensive product training and professional career development
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Yunex LLC
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.