Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Culture: At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities. What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure: This entry level position assists with commercial security systems installation, startup and ensuring that all systems and components are designed, installed, tested, operated, and maintained according to the operational requirements of the owner or final customer. The right candidate will work well with others, take ownership, be a team player, and act with integrity. This position reports to the Local Supervisor.
- Performs start up and check out (commissioning) of computerized security systems on a construction site or occupied facility in a commercial or industrial environment including card access, CCTV, and burglary systems.
- Will use a laptop computer to document start up procedures and communicate deficiencies and progress.
- Technician will troubleshoot installed equipment using a laptop, multi-meter, and hand tools.
- Assist with testing and inspecting of existing security systems and assist fire alarm technicians when required.
- Complete commissioning within planned timelines.
- Submit accurate time keeping daily, expenses weekly.
- Work overtime when needed.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED required. Completion of AAS degree preferred.
- Demonstrable electro-mechanical aptitude (based on previous experience and/or education) and PC/software skills needed to be successful in this role.
- Knowledge of Electronics/Electricity
- A basic awareness of the components that allow network communications.
- A basic awareness of the workstation and server OS management.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook).
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Individual must possess a valid driver's license in good standing. Benefits:
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, Dental and Vision plans with options from which to choose
- Matching 401(k) Restricted
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays and floating holidays
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, company uniform and vehicle, for eligible positions
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020 Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.