Senior Automation Systems Specialist - Service and Installations - Smart Buildings - Chicago Midwest Opportunity
Who designs your future? You do.
Are you an awesome individual that would like to work as part of a high performing team?
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment?
Are you a self-starter? Someone that is not afraid to dive in and work through the most sophisticated technological obstacles?
Are you driven day-to-day by the most sophisticated problems and thrive on working in critical environments where seconds count, details matter and quality is of the utmost importance?
Are you ready to take your skillset to the next level?
Then look to Siemens!Our Culture:
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities. Within this investment, Siemens provides $15,000 - $20,000 worth of training to build your building automation controls aptitude.What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Under the leadership of your Technical Supervisor, you will participate in the installation, startup, troubleshooting and commissioning of building automation system equipment. The objective of your day is improved occupant comfort, efficient operation of building systems, reduction in energy consumption / operating costs, and improved life cycle of Utilities using controls and building automation systems. You will support the verification of the system database and programming, ensuring consistency with the project scope of work and sequence of operations. You will diagnose and repair complex control system malfunctions while serving as a subject matter expert to others.Responsibilities:
IT / Network Technologies: Coordinate / perform network infrastructure installations, setup, and troubleshooting. Lead the creation of automated back-up procedures. Lead troubleshooting and resolution of inconsistencies in equipment sequencing. Perform the set-up and configuration of servers, workstations, and graphical user interfaces. Support and troubleshoot networks to ensure proper network performance.
Operational Testing, Verification, and Acceptance: Diagnose and repair electronic control system malfunctions. Run reports to review and confirm system operation. Participate in final inspection and testing. Support customer acceptance. Assist with customer training on system operations. Complete and submit written reports. Provide plans and control system documents to engineering team for record drawings.
Project Site Communication and Coordination: Communicate with all parties on site to ensure proper coordination of activities. Schedule trade contractors to coordinate start-up services. Communicate w/ assigned Project Manager and with customer as required both verbally and via written format.Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Required education: High school diploma or state-recognized GED required. Completion of AAS Preferred.
- Required experience: 7 + years increasingly responsible experience in installing and servicing electronic automation systems.
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems and ability to test and write modifications to systems software in multiple languages.
- Proven electro-mechanical aptitude (based on previous experience and/or education) along with user PC/software skills needed to be successful in this role. Having experience as a machinist, electrician, mechanical engineer, a computer software programmer, IT technician, desktop support specialist, an elevator engineer, a computer network installation or video games programmer would be phenomenal fit for this position.
- Demonstrated experience in writing computer programs and software applications.
- Skilled in programming, job start-up, checkout, and troubleshooting complex projects.
- Demonstrated experience in the integration of low voltage building sub-systems using various industry protocols such as LON, BACnet, Niagara AX or N4, Modbus, Ethernet I/P, etc.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds, high-lift equipment, working in ducts, crawl spaces, roofs, basements, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions.
- Must be able to use hand-tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to work in a team environment providing dedicated support to our customers.
- Mentor less experienced team members and lead complex issues to resolution.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Outlook).
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Individual must possess a valid driver's license in good standing.
- This position supports a Siemens customer who requires all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical/ electrical/ industrial/ software or computer engineering, and management information systems.
- Candidates that execute day-to-day with a high-level of detail, organization and with high quality standards.
- Candidates with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Siemens or other third-party systems (JCI, Allerton, Rockwell, ABB, SCADA, etc) controls experience desired
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, Dental and Vision plans with options from which to choose
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, company uniform and vehicle, for eligible positions
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020Key Words / Industry Acronyms
Controls, Programming, IT, Networking, DDC, PLC, HVAC, SME, Building Controls, Building Automation, Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Direct Digital Control, Apogee, Desigo CC, Tridium, Commissioning, BAU, BMS, Building Management, Mechanical Systems, System Integration, Data Centers, Pharmaceutical Environment, Validated, ASHRAE, UL, Niagara AX, N4, Remote Access, Graphics, GUI, HMI, AWS, MEP, Bluebeam, Macro, Multi-Meter, AnyBus, Leader, IoT, CISCO, Process Automation, Process Control, Cloud, Virtual Server, Quality Assurance, Wireless, POE
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.