U.S. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Project Management Intern
Siemens is a richly multicultural organization with operations in nearly every country in the world. Our diversity practices are built on awareness and respect for local histories, cultures and needs. Siemens promotes diversity at all levels, from entry level to the highest ranks. We find strength in diversity, and we recognize and respect differences and similarities that make our U.S.-based companies more competitive. Our goal is to create value daily for customers and society. Siemens USA Office of DEI supports all functional and business activities, programs, and initiatives. The Office of DEI is seeking a qualified intern candidate to support its project management activities remotely. As a Summer Intern, you'll shadow and be part of the core team responsible for DEI project management at Siemens USA. It will be a unique learning experience.
In this role, your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Providing support for the DEI management team regarding implementation of the Siemens DEI strategy
- Developing key tools to be used to manage the Employee Resource Groups
- Developing toolkit for DEI office management (example excel worksheets, presentations, guidebooks)
- Developing DEI content to be used with internally and externally audience
- Assisting with updating DEI focused employee policies
- Assisting with summer programs such as Employee Resource Group month in July
- Researching DE&I best practices and summarize findings
- Researching and recommending external thought leader events that would position Siemens in the marketplace
- Collaborating with other local and global departments to coordinate USA aligned strategies and deliverables
- Presenting to management, oral and/or written, reports and proposals covering research topics. The job has many opportunities only bounded by your demonstrated abilities.
- Attending and participating in DEI ERG/Council meetings
- Complete additional duties and project related work in the Office of DEI
Required Knowledge, Skills and Education:
- Proficient working knowledge of applications of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), as well as SharePoint or other collaboration software
- Ability to work effectively with multinational and diverse group and demonstrate leadership skills
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize a variety of concurrent activities
- Self-Starter with good time-management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal & written)
- Education: Current rising junior or rising senior undergraduate students pursuing a BA/BS
- Majors: Marketing, Business Administration, Sociology
- Work Authorization: Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Exposure to DEI activities within their school or community is a plus
- Candidates may be requested to provide examples of PowerPoint presentations and written work.
Our Culture: At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: People & Organization
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.