Together we make the difference
Siemens Logistics is a leading provider of innovative products and solutions in mail and parcel logistics and automation as well as in airport logistics with baggage and cargo handling. Software solutions and customer services along the complete product life cycle complete the portfolio. The company has an installed base in more than 60 countries worldwide. Major customers include renowned airports as well as postal and parcel service providers around the globe.
Be part of our Customer Services team as an IT Project Manager in Dubai, UAE.
What are my responsibilities?
We are looking for an experienced IT Migration Project professional who contributes to the global airports business of Siemens Logistics in the following –
- Independently manage IT Migration projects related to baggage handling systems.
- Coordinate the design and installation of new hardware and infrastructure with the respective teams and suppliers in all phases of development through to commissioning.
- Coordinate the software development teams in all phases of software upgrade and testing through to migration to new infrastructure.
- Focus on analyzing technical and functional requirements, preparing documentation in interdisciplinary teams, and actively participating in software development.
- Make sure smooth organization and compliance with statutory and in-house requirements in the IT Migration Projects.
- Deliver project reports on times and project presentations to the management.
- Client and interface and stakeholder management.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 10 years of IT Migration Project experience in a systems environment, ideally in the field of automation technology in airport logistics.
- Extensive knowledge of IT infrastructures and sound knowledge in software deployment.
- IT Infrastructure knowledge (VMware, SAN, Servers, CISCO Networking, HCI, ACI, NSX).
- Cybersecurity knowledge (Palo Alto Firewalls, Vulnerability and Penetration Testing, PAM, regular security patching, log analysis integration).
- Experience in dealing with OEM HW and SW service and support contracts.
- Previous experience in IT Migration for major Projects (OS, Oracle, Hardware, etc.).
- Management experience (at a disciplinary or functional level).
- Project management training and appropriate soft skills; PMP certification would be a plus.
- Solid experience in managing customers, groups or departments round out your profile.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: SD (Middle East) LLC
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time