Siemens Smart Infrastructure – Develop what will be important tomorrow.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure are recruiting for a Project Manager to manage National Grid Protection, Control & Cyber Security Projects, to help us find solutions consolidating and enhancing the Nation’s electricity network for a smarter and brighter future tomorrow.
With our extensive experienced multi-cultural resource pool, Siemens is equipped with solutions for every challenge industries are facing and successfully delivered many complex projects to the full satisfaction of our customers. In recognition of our determination and commitment towards the safe and successful delivery of our Projects, plus demonstrating our focus on leading positive relationships with our customers and subcontract partners, the Energy Automation division of Siemens plc, UK has been ranked National Grid’s No.1 Contractor.
The PM will manage a portfolio of Projects and interface with customer’s senior management to ensure customer satisfaction, manage the programme and address any commercial issues. Internally they will be a ‘leader’ of their Projects to ensure the business maintains robust forecasts and ultimately delivers on its financial targets. To meet these objectives, together with the rest of the Project Team, the PM will establish, implement and maintain the project delivery strategy.
Siemens Digital Grid have recently secured a position on the National Grid 5 Year Light Current Framework, resiliently providing robust systems with the latest Siemens technology on new National Grid substations and extending the existing infrastructure. A safer and lower carbon project delivery footprint will be adopted.
Siemens latest portfolio of protection and control devices ensure future sustainability for T&D network, modernising digital initiatives including process bus, digital twin, and cyber security for the future.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here.
Future Thinker? Read on
· Overall responsibility for the project P&L performance.
· Lead proposal and delivery Projects in order to meet the agreed business objectives and seek innovative ways to expand the business derived from the Project.
· Identify customer requirements beyond agreed scope to increase the business benefit from the project.
· Develop & maintain an excellent customer relationship to achieve long-term customer retention and satisfaction for growth potential.
· Manage third parties to deliver services to contracted requirements.
· Ensuring project execution is undertaken in accordance with current HSE legislation.
· Establish & maintain effective controls throughout the project execution in accordance with current corporate standards to protect the organisation and to deliver a successful project
· Direct, lead & motivate the whole project team to provide successful project delivery while supporting individual development needs in consultation with the Line Manager.
· Fully understand the contract and pursue opportunities to facilitate change, increase revenue and reduce threats to improve financial performance
· Use & make available to others knowledge assets and resources to optimise the project costs.
· Direct, lead and motivate the project teams to ensure successful project delivery to agreed budget and margin including risk and opportunity management and claim management.
· Improve business performance through cost reduction utilising business improvement initiatives (e.g. Top+, NCC reduction)
· Monitor and improve performance against agreed Business KPIs.
- Project delivery resource planning and management
- Develop and implement a recruitment/resourcing plan to satisfy existing and future project delivery requirements to maintain budgeted levels of utilisation.
- Assess and develop existing staff capability to realise their full potential and maximise business gain including succession planning
- Implement a training and development programme that will raise the level of Project Management skill in accordance with PM@Siemens career path planning
- Manage the coaching and mentoring process for their Project Teams.
- Build and maintain new and existing long-term customer business relationships
- Ensure all customer complaints/plaudits for the project are registered and closed out in a timely manner to the customer’s satisfaction
- Ensure customer satisfaction levels are monitored and improved to set KPIs
Processes and Systems
- Ensure continuous compliance with Siemens Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policy and procedures
- Ensure compliance and adherence to divisional policies and guidelines
- Ensure compliance with PM@Siemens processes
- Active involvement in the Maturity in Project Management (MPM) Improvement programme and MPM reassessment
- If a Process Owner or Champion conduct and participate in relevant process review meetings to drive process improvement.
We are looking for super minds, with the following:
- Formal qualifications to Degree level in Engineering related subject, a minimum requirement.
- Diploma / Masters in a management related subject desirable
- Certified accreditation as a Project Director e.g. APM or similar
- Able to demonstrate significant skills and knowledge in the Transmission & Distribution Sector with good experience of National Grid Projects a distinct advantage
- Demonstrable evidence of successful project execution and management of multi-disciplined project teams and third parties throughout the entire Project lifecycle - tendering, planning, design, manufacture, test, installation & commissioning
- Experience of managing Siemens Category A projects, with extensive experience of managing B projects
- Awareness of current SHEQ legislation
- Detailed knowledge and practical application of Project Management methodologies and tools including risk and opportunity management and claim and contract management.
- Excellent motivational, leadership and decision-making skills essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, particularly negotiating skills essential
- Line management experience desirable
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Smart infrastructure enables the way we want to live - happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components, systems, and service.
It’s exceptionally important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful, and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have an encouraging environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all backgrounds. Siemens encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are available in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working requirements with you. And if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here: [https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/company/jobs/faq.html].
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time