We are accelerating and securing the energy transition sustainably and profitably.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure Grid Software enables grid operators as well as industry and infrastructure companies to accelerate and secure the energy transition in a sustainable and profitable way. We connect the physical and the digital world with an integrated OT and IT landscape along the entire value chain from planning through operations to maintenance – following its design principles of modularity, openness, user-centricity, interoperability, and resilience.
The net-zero challenge is driving a fundamental change in energy generation and consumption, with a seven-fold increase in DER installations projected by 2030. This groundbreaking transformation of the energy sector, characterized by a bi-directional power flow from intermittent renewable energy resources and new consumption patterns, results in enormous complexity.
Our bigger purpose? We believe that software is the key to turning these challenges into opportunities.
Scope of the position:
The EnergyIP® Meter Data Management (MDM) area sales professional is the entrepreneur for their assigned portfolio areas – MDM on premise and Software as a Service (SaaS). They leverage knowledge of both the local market and the product to develop and drive sales initiatives through all channels – both direct and indirect. They conduct activities conducive to their business both directly with customers, with resellers, as well as through others in the organization (e.g. account managers and internal Siemens channels).
This is a remote, home-based position and you can live anywhere in the Eastern US.
It's your role, here's the part you can play:
- Develop and drive the execution of sales strategies, account plans, campaigns, and product-specific regional growth initiatives
- Proactively steer and support local sales partners & channels. You constantly strive to increase partner sales and onboard new partners
- Maintain pipeline and sales KPIs and ensure forecast accuracy
- Foster transparency and take ownership of the pipeline and forecast for the region – across all channels
- Support and catalyze the local launch, and roll-out new offerings
- Lead customer presentations, create value-based proposals, and close deals successfully
Be part of our team, here's what's needed:
- Background and proven sales experience in MDM, CIS or AMI Head End
- Experienced sales, business development manager with ability to learn core value propositions of software products
- Familiarity with Utilities (IOU, municipalities, and cooperatives) and understanding buying process for MDM
- Ability to establish and maintain deep relationships with customers in the Eastern region of the USA, including C-level, as well as the various sales and solutions channels – both internal and external
- Deep understanding of the local market and region
- You engage in a mutually encouraging way with global sales and product management to ensure local sales activities fit into the bigger global picture and vice versa
- Good communication skills to articulate and spread the key value proposition and knowledge of the MDM product across the region, enabling and inspiring others around them
- Willingness and ability to travel 40% of the time.
We've got a lot to offer:
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus based on qualifications)
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
We celebrate the fact that our people are individuals and have different preferences and needs. If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit extraordinary minds from all walks of life. We are committed to furthering our culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and are happy to give the opportunity to discuss flexibility and reasonable adjustment requirements. Many of our teams are working effectively in a remote, virtual environment adding to our ability to offer more flexibility on how you handle your time.
Bring your curiosity, creativity, and passion to help us craft tomorrow!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.