Overview of the Automation Specialist: Automation & Graphics coordinator How you will make an impact in this role:
Simply put, you are the person that will troubleshoot HVAC issues remotely, gather data on floor plans, and AHU graphical templates. Clean up point databases as needed. Work with programmers to develop graphic templates, investigate alarm activity remotely via customers’ HVAC/Automation control systems in each of their facilities. It’s very possible you will be commissioning these control systems. Why is this so important? The Automation Specialist is the face of Siemens, and your expertise and regular interaction with the customer will help them increase system reliability, save energy, and create a more sustainable future for our environment.
- Communicate with the field technicians and facility managers to determine floor plans, sensor, and AHU locations.
- Consult with our internal engineering and management team for discrepancies in our drawings or as problems arise
- Interface with management and programmers to develop AHU & chiller template graphics and modify existing graphics.
- Complete all work documentation as required to maintain accurate records of projects and time accountability.
- Implement program and point templates as needed.
- Troubleshoot\Resolve HVAC and alarm issues via remote access.
This position supports Siemens’ customers who may require all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons in the requirements section.
- High School Diploma or state- recognized GED
- Electro-mechanical aptitude (as shown through previous employment, education, or convincing evidence)
- Computer, software and networking skills
- Experience installing and/or servicing HVAC or electronic controlled equipment (OK not to have for entry level, but must have for higher level positions)
- 1 year of experience of electronic controls/HVAC for level I preferred
- 3+ years of experience of electronic controls/HVAC for level II
- Legal authorization to work in the United States, without the need for current or future employer sponsorship
- Valid driver’s license with very limited violations (Eligible for company vehicle must be 21+)
- ON-Call maybe required (especially Service roles)
- Preferred knowledge of reading/understanding design and construction documents; work in a variety of environments, understanding mechanical equipment, use of laptop, email; carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 pounds.
For Our Military/Veteran Applicants:
First and most importantly, thank you for your service. For the Automation Specialist role, Veterans (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy or Space Force) with these military careers are typically good fits:
Avionic ET, CE Careers (HVAC & Electrical), Communication Techs, Electricians, ET/EM/MM NUC, Fire Control, Navaids, ATC Radar ET Techs, SATCOM, Submarine Electronics/Computer Field, and other Electronic/Electrical/Mechanical Career Fields
We highly encourage you to apply to any position you have interest in, not just the Automation Specialist.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.