We are accelerating and securing the energy transition sustainably and profitably.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure Grid Software enables grid operators as well as industry and infrastructure companies to accelerate and secure the energy transition in a sustainable and profitable way. We connect the physical and the digital world with an integrated OT and IT landscape along the entire value chain from planning through operations to maintenance – following its design principles of modularity, openness, user-centricity, interoperability and resilience.
Are you passionate about creating new possibilities?
We are seeking an elite Sales Engineer to work side-by-side with our sellers to bring a level of technical depth to customer engagements in the area of power systems protection software. Success in this role is not only measured by your technical knowledge, but also by your “soft skills”, like your ability to build relationships, maintain a positive presence in high-stakes customer meetings, understand the “sales mindset”, work collaboratively with multi-functional teams (spanning sales, finance, engineering, and product management), understand pain from a customer’s perspective, and think in terms of value.
It's your role, here's the part you can play:
- Accompany sellers on customer visits to complement their commercial/sales know-how with your technical know-how. Customer visits can be at any stage of the sales cycle
- Advise sellers of various technical options for solving a given customer pain point and explain the commercial implications and tradeoffs of each option.
- Maintain and expand your industry knowledge around power systems protection, and continuously share it with internal stakeholders like product management to help shape our strategy and product roadmaps
- Represent our portfolio at industry events and tradeshows
- Contribute to bid-team activities (for example: responding to technical requirements specifications, and writing technical content for proposals)
- Shape customer technical evaluation criteria in a way that maximizes their pain-relief and simultaneously leverages our differentiators
- Hand-off recently won projects to the solution delivery team
You will work in the headquarters of a global organization which consists of sales offices in over 30 regions, as well as resellers in several verticals and geographies. This role reports directly to the Global Head of Technical Sales for the Grid Simulation business.
Be part of our team, here's what's needed:
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering with 3-5+ years working experience with a utility or TSO
- Experienced in ASPEN, PSS®E, and PSS®CAPE
- Ability to simulate protection networks within ASPEN and PSS®CAPE and provide a comparison analysis
- Ability to communicate highly technical information clearly and concisely to peers and customers verbally and in written communications
- Strong people skills and engaging presentation and written communications skills
- Fluent in English
- Ability to strategize and creatively solve problems to overcome customer challenges
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization including director/VP
- Must be willing and able to travel 25+% of the time.
We've got a lot to offer:
- This is a remote, home-based position and you can live anywhere in the US
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus based on qualifications)
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.