At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
As a software engineer at Siemens, you'll on improving and maintaining a computer-aided-design (CAD) application that is used by some of the world’s top engineering companies in the automotive, marine, machinery, and aerospace and defense fields.
This employee will join a team of 35-40 people spread across different geographies, collaborating with people within and outside the team to complete assigned project Tasks. They will participate in the requirements analysis, functional specifications, design, implementation, test plan reviews and testing activities to complete their assigned tasks to Siemens' quality standards.Responsibilities
- Understand the requirements for a project and how the improvements fit within the overall application.
- Write functional specifications and provide to product management and group manager.
- Under supervision, prepare a design for the application architect.
- Review test plans and guide test process to ensure a high level of test coverage.
- Implement the required functionality and perform detailed testing before offering to QA
- Create tests as necessary.
- Perform maintenance activities on the application.
- Provide regular status reports to the manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Good understanding of high-school level math.
- Ability to work in CAD software.
- Use of any computer-aided-design software.
- Understanding of object oriented programming concepts, preferably via programs written in C++.
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.