- Conception creation/definition/piloting and further development of container solutions based on OpenShift/Kubernetes,EKS in hybrid (internal-DC/AWS-cloud) environment according to requirements and costs.
- Design specifications for development, feasibility check or implementation of solutions. Check functionality of solutions, setup up test environments, develop alternative concepts and scenarios.
- Install, migrate and configure container platforms of different hardware and software technologies and ensure compliance requirements.
- Take care of project-specific customizing for tailored products and their performance adjustment, taking into account the technical framework conditions (hardware/software/storage) and the integration of IT subsystems into the overall system (e.g. central identity management)
- Transfer IT solutions into operation or support their introduction ( e.g. integration of the Container solution into the normal operational environment)
- Technical adviser to internal project manager or customer: server/network architecture, server connections, software on the operating system or container (e.g. Apache Kafka, Postgres, Mongo DB, Kong, Nagios and also applications such as SAP, Oracle, open-LDAP etc.)
- Hardening and compliance monitoring of deployed solutions according to company guidelines and use of best practices ( e.g. SELinux, Iptables, scanning of operating system and container images, etc.).
- Support, consult with DevOps teams in the deployment of containerized applications, "12 factor apps" and debugging.
- Technical consulting on the implementation of storage providers (e.g. Trident, OpenShift Data Foundation, Container Storage Interface ) or container network interfaces into containerized services.
- Independently develop automation/self-service functions using existing tools (HP-OO, Ansible, ArgoCD, Git, GitOps, etc.) to continuously optimize business processes and document them.
- Operation and administration of various complex technologies (RedHat OpenShift, RedHat Linux, Suse Linux, VMware) on different hardware platforms (OnPrem / Cloud) and their container-based orchestration and deployment frameworks (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift etc.)
- Independently handle very difficult operating system or container infrastructure issues. Research known symptoms (= KnownErrors) and perform troubleshooting remotely or on-site, and forward issues to the product supplier for processing if necessary.
- Ensure and guarantee ongoing operation (incl. 24-hour on-call service). Perform remote diagnostics, e.g. within the scope of server events, troubleshooting, forward to other support groups or their manufacturers if necessary.
- Creation of training concepts, training documents (master trainer) and training of application managers in the usage and operation of the system software.
- Self-directed review and enhancement of personal competencies in relation to current and potential future workplace requirements.
- 3 years/solid experience on container technologies and their orchestration being able to perform installation, operation, migration, security hardening, troubleshooting, integration and support of platforms based on Kubernetes on private/public cloud (AWS) with autonomy as internal co-reference on the matter ( working directly with another colleague).
- Expert knowledge on container technologies : Docker and Kubernetes, EKS (AWS).
- Expert knowledge on cloud platforms: AWS (ECS, EKS, Storage, EC2, EBS, S3, Network, VPC ..)
- Good experience in specification, development, functionality checks, test environments and alternative proposals for Container environments solutions according to requirements, scenarios and costs.
- Good experience as Integrator for project-specific tailored products and required IT subsystems into the overall infrastructure. (ex IDM, storage, backups, automation, compliance checks, monitorization …)
- Good experience in scripting, automation and CI/CD tools: Bash, Python, Ansible, AWX/Tower, GIT, Terraform.
- Good experience in monitoring tools: Fluentd/ElasticStack, Grafana, Prometheus, Nagios.
- Technically support DevOps teams, project manager or customer in the deployment and integration of Containerized applications.
- Document, transfer knowledge, provide training and support Operation team on Container technologies and developed solutions.
- 5 years/solid experience on operation of virtualized or physical business-critical Linux servers on Suse Linux, RedHat Linux.
- Fluency in English (mandatory).
- Availability to participate on On-Call duty and Maintenance activities outside business hours (mandatory).
- Container platforms : RedHat OpenShift.
- Clusters and High availability on Linux : Pacemaker.
- Others: Azure Cloud, Hpoo, Splunk, Vmware.
Organization: Information Technology
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time